T5 Retrofit question

StikHedRon

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
931
Reaction score
171
Location
Central Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning a 300DD build and want to use T5's over this tank, my question is how many would I need front to back to support Chalices and SPS?
 
I'm planning a 300DD build and want to use T5's over this tank, my question is how many would I need front to back to support Chalices and SPS?
i would use 10 but they only come 60 inches so the corners of the tank will be darker, or you could use 20 bulbs and do 10 48 inches and 10 24 inches to get full coverage
 
Last edited:
I would probably use the 39W T5's, I was kinda leaning towards 6 bulbs front to back with 2 rows for a total of 12 bulbs and LED's inbetween but only the Blue LED's
 
I would probably use the 39W T5's, I was kinda leaning towards 6 bulbs front to back with 2 rows for a total of 12 bulbs and LED's inbetween but only the Blue LED's

i run 8 bulb over driven on my 250 (and am looking to upgrade)so i would think on a deeper tank you would want more then 8 but maybe with the addition of leds you could pull off 6
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new