T5 retrofit questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter astreck827
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

astreck827

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
47
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new system and have just started playing with T5 retrofit setups as supplemental light to LED fixtures (AI primes + Hydras). I have a few 2x54w ballasts available but I was wondering if there is anyway to run 24w bulbs - instead of 2x54w can I split it into 4x24w? Also would appreciate recommendations on where to buy components - reflectors, end caps, etc. besides BRS.
Thanks
 
I believe that generally the answer is no you cant, but i am not an expert so maybe someone knows better.

For parts aquacave is good for that. Amazon of course. Hydroponic stores still often have components also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new