t5ho bulb help

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ima currently running a 4x39w fixture with a blue plus, aquablue special and two stock actinic bulbs. i really like the color but just want it brighter, so i want to replace the two cheap stock actinic bulbs but not sure what to pick .iam looking at either another blue plus with a UVL aquasun 10000k or a uvl superactinic with a GE 6500k daylight? or any other suggested combos thanks

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 blue+, 1 ge 6500k, 1 ati purple plus.

You'll get a lot of color pop - wont necessarily make the tank "brighter" though. the closer you are to 10K the brighter the tank looks, problem is corals look really bland at that spectrum. The Blue plus and purple plus bulbs make the colors really stand out and have quite a bit of par as well. THe only downside is the tank will appear slightly darker. With that said, the darker tank combined with color pop of the corals actually makes for a really good contrast.

you could good with 2aquablue special, 1 ge 6500k and a 1 blue plus and that would be brighter but you wouldnt get the same pop. 4 bulb combo is limited but the above combo is pretty popular.

OP
OP
bonomo53

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys i actually went with a aquablue special 2 blue plus and a super actinic

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back