Tabasco's 45 cube

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
2,123
Reaction score
65
Location
Rocky Mountain High
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time in the planning and finally coming to life.

Tank Equipment details
45g cube 24"x18"x24"
ATI sunpower dimmable
RO Prime 150 skimmer
TLF dual reactors-GFO & Carbon
MP10 and another random circulator pump I had laying around when realized the other MP10 won't stay connected to back glass
Sump
40g breeder with fuge, skimmer & return sections
12g fuge
mag 5 return
front view 1.jpg
Side view.jpg
 
I will be building another rock formation for the left side of the tank, 2 smaller ones actually. The tank is viewable by 2 sides and will be taking advantage of the depth of perspectie from the view that is 24".

Right now trying to get skimmer dialed in. It is just going nuts. I have the collection cup off and just letting it run. I put some mesh bags of carbon between the baffles to try to get whatever is causing the craziness out. Once that is dialed in i have some corals in a frag tank that are getting moved over.

After that will be focusing on fish/invert additions
First will be:
Large ric garden to host 6 pedersen shrimp
pair of neon gobies

Next set of additions:
pair or trio of zebra darfish
purple firefish

Last will be:
Midas blenny
pair of black and white ocellaris

Nothing too hard to take care of. I really wanted to get fish that I can feed in the morning with pellet and feed frozen at night. And I really like pairs/multiples.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new