Tabk cycling

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think nitrite is being actively produced at this time. When I started the tank, it was dry rock that had been cleaned well, sand that was never meant for an aquarium and rodi water. Nothing in my filtration system has been producing nitrite either as none could. Nothing changed (that I could notice) before it stalled on day 6. Nothing is decomposing in the tank. I'm very certain of that

When I do my tests, I do exactly as the instructions say, no deviation. And yes it is api.
Alright, well now I am stumped. I mean, there really can be just so many possibilities.

Either way, my suggestion then is that you have done what you need to, and watch for nitrite to be oxidized. Keep dosing Fritz Turbo Start, make sure there is nothing potentially clearing the microbes and preventing them from actually colonizing your biomedia, and well, hope for the best.

Worst case scenario you will have to either stop the fish from coming if possible, pass it along to someone else when it comes, or cycle with the fish in the aquarium. If you opt for the third option, you can dose Prime to temporarily detoxify nitrite while the cycle keeps going if you are very worried that the nitrite would harm your fish. Prime only binds to nitrite for 48 hours though, so you will need to re-dose before then. And of course, once you have the fish, cycling by adding 1.5ppm ammonia is not exactly feasible anymore, and you'd need to change your strategy.

Back