Tabling SPS and Green Birdness color full

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently started using the Korallen K automate element tabs, a month after I start to notice my three green colors out of 6 color fading (green look dull). I test all parameters, all is well. Nothing new has been down to the tank except for adding the Korallen automatic tabs. I have ruled out my radion lights been an issue cuz I have been slowly increasing the intensity by 2% percent every two weeks for the past 4 months. Current intensity is 48% max at random intervals during the 6 hour light schedule. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Russ265

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently started using the Korallen K automate element tabs, a month after I start to notice my three green colors out of 6 color fading (green look dull). I test all parameters, all is well. Nothing new has been down to the tank except for adding the Korallen automatic tabs. I have ruled out my radion lights been an issue cuz I have been slowly increasing the intensity by 2% percent every two weeks for the past 4 months. Current intensity is 48% max at random intervals during the 6 hour light schedule. Any thoughts would be appreciated

what are your parameter numbers?
do you run gfo?

OP
OP
oneilwiz

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Russ my PHospate is 0.00 I have turned off my gfo I will see what happens my tank is extra clean to me

Russ265

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Russ my PHospate is 0.00 I have turned off my gfo I will see what happens my tank is extra clean to me

what is your nitrate level?

yeah your tank is clean like mine

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked for pests like AEFW's and Redbugs? Redbugs can particularly go unnoticed and cause issues with some corals.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed the thread title says green birdnest...hence it is most likely water parameter issue. I would pull the GFO until you get 0.03ppm minimum reading. I would also up the feeding.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back