Tabling SPS and Green Birdness color full

  • Thread starter Thread starter oneilwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oneilwiz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
323
Reaction score
181
Location
Northern Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently started using the Korallen K automate element tabs, a month after I start to notice my three green colors out of 6 color fading (green look dull). I test all parameters, all is well. Nothing new has been down to the tank except for adding the Korallen automatic tabs. I have ruled out my radion lights been an issue cuz I have been slowly increasing the intensity by 2% percent every two weeks for the past 4 months. Current intensity is 48% max at random intervals during the 6 hour light schedule. Any thoughts would be appreciated
 
Hello everyone,

I recently started using the Korallen K automate element tabs, a month after I start to notice my three green colors out of 6 color fading (green look dull). I test all parameters, all is well. Nothing new has been down to the tank except for adding the Korallen automatic tabs. I have ruled out my radion lights been an issue cuz I have been slowly increasing the intensity by 2% percent every two weeks for the past 4 months. Current intensity is 48% max at random intervals during the 6 hour light schedule. Any thoughts would be appreciated

what are your parameter numbers?
do you run gfo?
 
Thank you very much Russ my PHospate is 0.00 I have turned off my gfo I will see what happens my tank is extra clean to me
 
Thank you very much Russ my PHospate is 0.00 I have turned off my gfo I will see what happens my tank is extra clean to me

what is your nitrate level?

yeah your tank is clean like mine
 
Have you checked for pests like AEFW's and Redbugs? Redbugs can particularly go unnoticed and cause issues with some corals.
 
Just noticed the thread title says green birdnest...hence it is most likely water parameter issue. I would pull the GFO until you get 0.03ppm minimum reading. I would also up the feeding.
 
Thank you Sahin noted. It has been four days since I turned off the GFO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new