Taco's 65G LPS Fiesta

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering how much extra PAR you get with the extra bulbs.
Good to hear all is well.

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering how much extra PAR you get with the extra bulbs.
Good to hear all is well.

That's a question I would also like to know the answer to! Some friends and I are going to rent a PAR meter when he starts up his tank, and split the cost three ways.

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more from today, this time with the Roscosun 1/4 CTO filter. This is the closest I've gotten to how the tank looks in person (so far). This is with the t5's and LEDs on at the same time.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2axC8b9]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2axCcMd]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2deJiJh]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2djbban]
[/url][/url][/url][/url]

Awesome! The coral seems to be happy with the change! What bulb combination did you end up going with?
When I added T5 to my tank the increase in growth was fairly obvious after a couple of weeks :)

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! The coral seems to be happy with the change! What bulb combination did you end up going with?
When I added T5 to my tank the increase in growth was fairly obvious after a couple of weeks :)

These are ATI blue plus bulbs, they are only on the front ballast. I will probably add in the second pair sometime down the road.

Looking great!

Thank you!

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last vestiges of my half-arsed attempt at the Triton method have been removed from the aquarium. I never even sent in an ICP test...

I am using only two dosing heads now, one for the All-For-Reef (1-part additive) and the other for vinegar dosing. The return pump occupies the slot I cleared up, so that I can program an emergency shut off with a mechanical float switch in the overflow box (flood insurance). I am also installing a leak detector soon (not Apex-integrated) inside the stand.

Now everything sans the ATO reservoir fits under the stand, which is another improvement!

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there.
Where are you located?

I'm in central Oklahoma, we are expected to get a good bit of ice Friday into Saturday. Fortunately I have an emergency plan. If the power goes out I'm doing an immediate evac to my friend's 300 gallon that I take care of. He runs a Thai restaurant and they have generator. That is assuming the roads are passable.

Oklahoma is known more for tornadoes than winter weather (and rightfully so), but when we get ice storms it usually means heavy winds, trees exploding and un-drivable roads.

I lived in Colorado for 7 years, so I'm not adverse to driving in snow, but the ice we get here is friggin deadly.

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an emergency bubbler for aeration, it's temp that is the main concern. I will lose central heating and the fireplace will be the only heat source. I'm not sure which backup you're referring too but those UPS batteries generally don't hold enough juice to run anything more than 10 minutes or so.

Edit: Also I have 3 tanks, including my bonsai mangrove that I sprouted from a pod over 5 years ago...

Last edited:
OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the All-for-reef recommended dose was pretty close to spot on for my tank. I calculated for 65 gallons and got a 12.5ml/day recommendation. I upped the dosage to 15ml/day and am sitting good in terms of Alk. I'm going to check cal and mag later on this afternoon.

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shows you aint got to spend thousands at the start to get a nice tank up and running" Those ai prime lights made that tank pop :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back