Taichimaster's 75gallon mixed reef

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started reefing about 2 years ago and have been addicted since then. The 75gallon started out as mainly LPS and have since been changed to a mixed reef with lots of LPS and SPS mixture. I have a 75gallon display with a 20gallon sump. I have two Tunze 6055 and a K4 for circulation. I run a Eheim 1262 as my return. I also believe in great skimming so I went out and got myself a BK 160. I also run Activated carbon with GFO to control my nutrients. For Alkanitiy and Calcium, I let my calcium reactor take care of that. I do 10-15% water change every 2-3 weeks.
Here are photos of when I started and also of some livestock.

Enjoy!!!
DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

Grapewatermelon.jpg

RainbowLobo.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice one of the best looking stands I've seen. I like them nice and clean like that.

OP
OP
T

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys,
These are some older pics, but it is still pretty tidy. The wife has to ok the look and cleaness of everything. The only changes are some of the equipment and of course the corals themselves.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Peter! Where is this thread at the other forum:smile:. I still need to come by one of these days and check out your system.

OP
OP
T

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Peter! Where is this thread at the other forum:smile:. I still need to come by one of these days and check out your system.

Yo!!

I plan on doing a 20 gallon rebuild with DIY LED light system in the other forum :)

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice... DYI LED? Where are you getting the components and how many watts will the emmiters be?

OP
OP
T

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be buying the drivers on nanotuners, heatsink from heatsinkusa, and the LEDs from EcgTech. Might start the build in a few weeks or so.

Nice... DYI LED? Where are you getting the components and how many watts will the emmiters be?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very Nice!!

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Peter Thang and I checked out those Scolys at QT. I like that multi color one but kinda pricey for QT.

OP
OP
T

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went there yesterday and most of them are gone I thought? Like I said, I believe the larger ones are going for a little over 2 bills. kind of pricey for his store.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very awesome setup. taichimaster , does your system run quite? Do you happen to have any other shots of your sump ? reason i ask is i want to re-do my sump on my 90 and figured i would ask. Tank looks great.

OP
OP
T

taichimaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the tank runs fairly silent. I had the guy build my sump with an enclosed box for the drain. Unfortunately, this restricts me from using a filter sock. all in all, I am happy with the tank and it is silent enough.

You can always build a sump with an enclosed box that has a door for opening and putting in a filter sock. I forgto to have him do it on mine. My sump is pretty much simple and the first few pictures is pretty much what you see.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back