Tailspot blenny personality

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I always read that tailspots have amazing personalities, but I never see anything else. No stories, no examples, just that they are fun...
As I search for fish for my fluval 13.5, this is a big contender. I’m curious to hear some stories about these guys as to what makes them so fun? Is it just how funny they look or do they have some weird behaviors that just makes them so entertaining?

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one , love them because of their long "eyelashes" the silly comical look on their face and how they swim. It never fails to amaze me that they will always find a small hole in a rock, where they can wiggle their elongated body into. No real story, no real example ... just a cool little fish
blenny.jpg

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies in general are just the best. Had a blenny I caught when I worked for a coastal environmental education centre. He was one of our smaller, drab, boring looking fish, but was easily the most popular, beating out flounders, stargazers, puffer fish, sea robins, crabs, starfish, and some other weird things. Had a ton of attitude, and I was always impressed at how active and lively he was, coming up to the glass to say hi, begging for food, etc. A cool little dude, able to compete with 9 other tanks worth of fish and stuff and usually win in gaining kids’ attention

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back