Tailspot with big white blotch

BKell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just looking for a second opinion. I just noticed a big white blotchy on the side of my tailspot blenny's head. Any thoughts on what it might be and what the best course of action would be? Thanks so mich

Attach0.jpg Attach0 (1).jpg Attach0 (2).jpg
 
Hey guys, just looking for a second opinion. I just noticed a big white blotchy on the side of my tailspot blenny's head. Any thoughts on what it might be and what the best course of action would be? Thanks so mich

Attach0.jpg Attach0 (1).jpg Attach0 (2).jpg
This is bacterial and likely from an injury as they have a habit of diving into rocks when startled. Best treatment is in a separate tank using Seachem neoplex with added aeration
 
Hey guys, just looking for a second opinion. I just noticed a big white blotchy on the side of my tailspot blenny's head. Any thoughts on what it might be and what the best course of action would be? Thanks so mich

Attach0.jpg Attach0 (1).jpg Attach0 (2).jpg

This species does get light colored fright/nighttime coloration, but not as a single spot like that. so I'd have to say this is probably a bacterial infection as mentioned.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new