Taking Stock After RAP NJ

retiredsailor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
196
Reaction score
95
Location
drums, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The family and I (wife and 3 kids) managed to hit the festival this past Sunday. All told we had 5 bags for handouts. We had a really good time checking out all the boothes. It was great to meet Rev and his Wife at the r2r setup! We were only lucky enough to win 1 raffle for a small can of food, not the Gyre that I really want to get. But that's ok, I'm used to not winning free things. Besides, with the all the bags we came away with some really cool goodies ! image.jpg image.jpg

The only complaint I have was a lot of the displays started shutting down at 3:30, even though it ran until 5:00. I ended up having to run around to find the corals I wanted to buy. It worked out for the best, though, because people didn't want to drive home with their products and were offering great deals! In all I walked away with over $600 of corals for less than $300! So, I guess that's a great problem to have had.
 
the guy from chemi pure hooked me up with a few containers of the "blue" around the 3:30 time (give or take....maybe a little bit before) along with a few other showcasing companies.....i am assuming that the vendors did not want to haul a lot of stuff back with them after a long weekend....my only complaint was that i felt it was kinda small given the massive space it was in....but im new to the hobby so i guess i cant complain.....but like you i did walk away with some nice pieces and won a prize in the raffle so overall i am a happy camper
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new