Tali's 75 Gal Reboot Start up!

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relative newbie here, but tying my best. I have a 40 breeder I started with, along with a 20 gal sump. My fish seem happy (And in the case of my dottyback FAT) but I haven't had much luck with corals because of my tank swinging very hard very suddenly with its parameters from one week to the next. Most of the time they were well in check (I check weekly and have my local LFS double check for me) but I figure to help combat the swings- go bigger! So I am whipping out a 75 and DIY stand along with 80 lb of live sand and using my existing rock and water to combat having to cycle. Should just feel like a water change fingers crossed.

As for the stock list. So far I have:
1male Maroon clownfish
1 female Thunder Maroon Clownfish
1 Dotty back
1 Damsel

Any other recommendations would be welcome! I figure with more space I can add another fish or two despite my current list of nippers.

I have three coal that have survived in my tank, GSP (ALthough some feather duster worms seem to have decided to live with them too) a mushroom, and my weeping willow. Hopefully they will thrive better. I may have a surviving bubble tip anemone but its decided to go hide in the tank somewhere. I haven't seen it but fingers crossed.

Going to try setting things up tonight, will add pictures later if I don't take too long!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always suggest a Flame Hawkfish. So much personality and fairly easy to look after (and has gotten along great with all the reef inhabitants). A dwarf angelfish (whatever type you prefer) is also a great addition (especially the coral beauty or flame).

OP
OP
TwistyTale

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to shove my project into the corner but it's coming along great! I'm switching to a canister filter from a sump to see how well it does. Unless I could do a combo of both? I dunno!
IMG_20210917_105234511.jpg

OP
OP
TwistyTale

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to play the waiting game. Settle fast sand!

Attachments

• tank build.jpg
    tank build.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 24

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back