Tall aquariums/reef tanks

Is there a majority cost to manufacture?What I mean is- material vs. labor cost.

I’m guessing the bulk of cost is in the acrylic, not the labor to cut/build?

Perhaps this factor probably slaves to size and shape of said aquarium …
moving into thicker acrylic introduces another factor. Handling of the heavy materials during assembly. working with 1" and thinner acrylic is much different than working with 1" and thicker acrylic. Hoists, Forklifts, etc needed to adjust and move materials during building. its a project. Hope that helps.
 
@Joe Glass Cages that helps thank you.

I should have stated from the start what I consider “tall”. My perspective of that would be 3’ or greater.

For the most part I still get no response from the sellers, and combined with the impracticalities of maintaining it, I’m beginning to decide against it.
Also the extreme difficulty in getting something that large down into our basement is discouraging.

For the area where I wanted the tall tank to go,
I’m more likely to end up installing a 60” long x 30” wide x 27” tall (3/4” thickness) and call it a day
 
@Joe Glass Cages that helps thank you.

I should have stated from the start what I consider “tall”. My perspective of that would be 3’ or greater.

For the most part I still get no response from the sellers, and combined with the impracticalities of maintaining it, I’m beginning to decide against it.
Also the extreme difficulty in getting something that large down into our basement is discouraging.

For the area where I wanted the tall tank to go,
I’m more likely to end up installing a 60” long x 30” wide x 27” tall (3/4” thickness) and call it a day
It may be a bit more expensive, but assembly on site is an option. Also none traditional 5 pane tanks could be an option. Fiberglass/plywood or block back/sides/bottom with a single view panel on the front. Al depends on budget and your patience.
Getting anything down into a basement will be tricky in general. Measure your door width, and turning radiuses along your path to the destination.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new