Tampa Bay Area reefers

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me an my wife are possibly relocating to the Tampa Bay Area (Largo or Pinellas Parks being the front runners). I was wonder how the feefing community is in the area, the lfs, any possibility of collecting nearby critters? More I’ll have to tear my tank down so I would be leaning on the community to get back and running once moved

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several LFS and three facebook groups I'm aware of. A few "home" sellers in the area. Not sure about collecting. I think some do south of Tampa. The water around here doesn't stay at a tropical temperature in the winter, so I'm not sure what they collect that's suitable for a reef tank. Orlando isn't that far away with WWC and other stores.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saltwater killifish, pupfish, southern pufferfish, and an occasional seahorse or pipefish as well as various crabs and snails can be found in Tampa Bay. Most of what I have collected is more in line with an oyster reef biotope aquarium than for a traditional reef tank. Additionally, macro algae can be found (e.g., ulva, gracilaria, etc.).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back