Tampa Bay Saltwater Real Live Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dbartlett727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4/6 is the next available pickup.

Awesome. I just made my order for the premium rock! The base rock and sand I got last month cycled my tank in less than a week and has all my coral thriving in my new tank. 41DCEF05-86B8-408D-B482-C527C9FC54C3.jpeg 4D8E7A84-A67C-49F3-8C48-392883C6E6CA.jpeg

coolali18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4/6 is the next available pickup.
Hey, I’m currently building my dream tank, so if I made an order for base rock and live sand now, could I pick it up on 4/6? Or is there a limited number of orders that can be picked up locally? I’ve read nothing but great things about TBS so I’m excited to start my tank the right way. Plus I don’t think I want to spend money on bottled bacteria and dry rock when I have you guys 250 miles from me lol!

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, I’m currently building my dream tank, so if I made an order for base rock and live sand now, could I pick it up on 4/6? Or is there a limited number of orders that can be picked up locally? I’ve read nothing but great things about TBS so I’m excited to start my tank the right way. Plus I don’t think I want to spend money on bottled bacteria and dry rock when I have you guys 250 miles from me lol!
Yes!

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Talk about cool hitchhikers! This is a pink condominium tunicate, Aplidium sp.
Easy keepers that filter nutrients out of the water column. These solitary slippery blobs are sure to be a conversation piece in your tank. We see them in white, pink, black and blue. Condominium tunicates look like a single specimen when it's really many individuals supporting the livelihood of the colony.
Check out the ever-expanding TBS Hitchhiker log.

IMG_3595.jpg

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Planted on the TBS farm in 2021, Branch Rock is done cooking!
It is available in mixed shapes and sizes. Each piece is hand made in Fiji with local sand, coral skeletons and natural ingredients to resemble ancient coral branches.
They host encrusting tunicates, sponges, macro, bivalves and more.

20 Pounds Branch Live Rock ships air cargo only.
10 Pounds Branch Live Rock ships air cargo only.

IMG_3473.jpg

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Esposito crab2.jpg

Check out this dude.
A recent live rock hitchhiker, and the customer was kind to provide this photo for identification. While scoring the interwebs, it was a nice reminder of the important role crabs play in keeping a reef healthy.
After noting the fuchsia pink eyes, your gaze drops to the blunt tipped claws. Claws are great indicators as to what the crab likes to eat.
Mithrax crabs are algae eaters and scavengers. In the home aquarium, Mithrax are reef safe with caution. In other words, keep an eye on it & keep it well fed. Sumps, refugiums and overflows are great locations for a rogue Mithrax crab, where it can still be useful cleaning up.

Shaggy Clinging Crab

coolali18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m about to place an order, do y’all have any coupon codes available right now?

BubbleBuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing the TBS team at Reefapalooza. Are you’re going to have deco and base rock for sale on site? Hoping to score some more rock there since shipping is pushed back to May!

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait for my TBS shipment next month. New tank finished cycling yesterday after a full month. Things should start moving along with the extra biodiversity and stocking shortly afterwards.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey I’m about to place an order, do y’all have any coupon codes available right now?
Hiya, no coupon codes atm.
Looking forward to seeing the TBS team at Reefapalooza. Are you’re going to have deco and base rock for sale on site? Hoping to score some more rock there since shipping is pushed back to May!
WooHooo, excited to sea ya there!
We are bringing stickers, merch, and pop rocks of course. Will be selling the rock/sand used in 3 display tanks (for pickup after the show). And we may be bringing a couple barrels full of fresh harvested nano base & premium.
Can’t wait for my TBS shipment next month. New tank finished cycling yesterday after a full month. Things should start moving along with the extra biodiversity and stocking shortly afterwards.
Appreciate your support and looking forward to harvesting for your tank!

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WooHooo, excited to sea ya there!
We are bringing stickers, merch, and pop rocks of course. Will be selling the rock/sand used in 3 display tanks (for pickup after the show). And we may be bringing a couple barrels full of fresh harvested nano base & premium.
Yay! Can't wait to see you all!

BubbleBuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed another order for premium live rock over the weekend. Thought I’d share a pic of a TBS live sand good hitchhiker. Found this calico clam when knocking down one of diamond watchmen goby’s mountains.

IMG_2952.jpeg

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@LiverockRocks do you guys find box crabs (calappa sp.) often? I don't see them in the hobby very often and they're quite interesting. I would love to see those for sale in the Live Critters section!
Box crabs sure are interesting! We don’t see them often.

OP
OP
LiverockRocks

LiverockRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
April 2024 Reef2Reef Site Supporter Giveaway!
Win a $300 package from Tampa Bay Saltwater!
How to enter:
  • Make a post in the linked thread HERE about what has you excited about the reef hobby right now!
BONUS ENTRIES: Do any of the following... (Be sure to make a separate post in the thread for each entry completed)
  1. Post a photo of your reef!
  2. Start a new thread anywhere in our general forums (not marketplace forums or local forums), and post a link to it here. You can do this daily for additional bonus entries!
  3. Check out Tampa Bay Saltwater and let us know your favorite item that is currently on their website.
  4. Follow Tampa Bay Saltwater on Facebook.
  5. Go to Tampa Bay Saltwater website and sign up for their newsletter (at the bottom of their homepage).
WoooHOOO! and get Rock'n with TBS!

IMG_1715.jpg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 71 41.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.8%
Back