Tang Aggression Solutions Futile?

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 cube with a decent scape and rock work. I originally set out to introduce a bristletooth , flame angel and some clowns last. So the tang and angel went into a 10 gal QT and did fine until week 3 when the angel died. So the Tang went into the DT by his self. Yes I knew there would be issues. So I got 2 clowns in as well as another flame angel. Added the clowns first because I figured the tang would permit them and would confuse it. I then acclimated the angel and added it and that was a NO. The tang took right off after it and beat the crap out of it. I got lucky and got the angel out and got it to a QT tank. I ordered an acclimation box but I'm not seeing this as working. I bonded most of the rock together so changing the scape is not really an option. I can try a mirror but I'm not real confident with that. The tang has a cave and got super ticked at the clowns when they went back there and ran them off. The clowns did sleep in a corner near the cave and then this morning the clowns and tang are playing nice. So the jist of this is does anyone have any good luck stories with acclimation boxes? I have read up on all the tricks and I am not sure I have any confidence in them. The Tang did get along with a smaller flame angel in QT so thats why I gave this a shot. I will give the angel a few days in the QT and try to get him eating before another try with an acclimation box.

How long can you leave a fish in an acclimation box? That angel goes near the tangs cave I think it's on like donkey king again. Any thoughts would be great. Do they make some fishy prozac yet?

315wall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is not a lot of space for a tang to swim, so I would not leave them in the box long it causes more stress. I've used an image of the same tang for about a week or so to keep its mind off the other fish with some success, but fish sometimes just do not get along.

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is not a lot of space for a tang to swim, so I would not leave them in the box long it causes more stress. I've used an image of the same tang for about a week or so to keep its mind off the other fish with some success, but fish sometimes just do not get along.

A picture? Haven't see that one.

315wall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep works like the mirror. I had the meanest yellow around.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.2%
Back