Tang aggression

meyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a hippo tang that is 3 to 4 in. in length and I want to add a kole tang. Can I add one without any problems from the hippo? and if so, how should i go about putting one in to the tank.

tank info: 75g mixed reef
IMG_3933.jpg
with hippo tan
IMG_3935.jpg
g, clown pair blue damsel, bengai cardinal, and eight lines wrasse.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wouldnt keep that blue hippo in a 75 gallon. He will grow huge, and if u feed him properly, very fast. I’m not trying to be the Tang Police here, but I think you should be ready to upgrade that tank soon, especially if he is that size all ready. Any who the Kole tang should be fine with it. Just keep an eye on the aggression.

OP
OP
M

meyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wouldnt keep that blue hippo in a 75 gallon. He will grow huge, and if u feed him properly, very fast. I’m not trying to be the Tang Police here, but I think you should be ready to upgrade that tank soon, especially if he is that size all ready. Any who the Kole tang should be fine with it. Just keep an eye on the aggression.
thx. had the tang for almost two yrs now and has not grown so fast as is very happy right now but I am still keeping a close eye. might trade for another baby hippo.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol at the instant tang police offering no actual help.

Similar body types will always scuffle. You may want to consider a yellow or scopas tang.

Tangs will always be mad they have a new roommate but it usually doesn't last long. If it does you may need to rearrange the rocks so they dont have a spot to defend.

If you have access to an acclimation box it will help a lot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back