Tang and trigger?

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i saw a lavender tang at my lfs. I have 3 fish currently. Clown, wrasse, and a picasso trigger. The trigger is about 3-4 inches in a 100 gallon which should be enough for long term. But anyway, never found anything to if they are compatible or not. Would they be? The tang appears to be like 2 inches.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I'm thinking of 'swim room' for the Tang when full grown. Is that 100 gallon tank a 5' tank, or only 4'? IMO, that mix of fish would be fine in the correct size tank. (By the way, I bought a tiny Picasso Trigger about 3 months ago, about 1/2 the size of my thumb; hasn't seemed to grow even a smidge (in a 5', 150 gallon tank), so I take it they are very slow growers. Your Tang will no doubt out-pace him.) Best wishes!

OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I'm thinking of 'swim room' for the Tang when full grown. Is that 100 gallon tank a 5' tank, or only 4'? IMO, that mix of fish would be fine in the correct size tank. (By the way, I bought a tiny Picasso Trigger about 3 months ago, about 1/2 the size of my thumb; hasn't seemed to grow even a smidge (in a 5', 150 gallon tank), so I take it they are very slow growers. Your Tang will no doubt out-pace him.) Best wishes!
Its a 5'. They are super slow growers but oh man my trigger is a literal nascar racer. Hes so fast. Darts one side to the other in under 4 seconds.

OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lavender Tangs are pretty fish. Maybe not as popular as others, for some reason. Is he a good price? Sounds like you might need to 'pull the Trigger' {bad pun!} and buy him. :star-struck:
they are pretty. He is 60 so i thought it was a steal. Just making sure. But hey only took me like 2 seconds to understand the pun.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So i saw a lavender tang at my lfs. I have 3 fish currently. Clown, wrasse, and a picasso trigger. The trigger is about 3-4 inches in a 100 gallon which should be enough for long term. But anyway, never found anything to if they are compatible or not. Would they be? The tang appears to be like 2 inches.
Ive done tang/trigger more than once with no issues and Lavender has a semi-attitude and should be ok

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tang is getting ripped up by trigger. Didnt work :(
I feel so bad
Yikes- Isolate the trigger either in acclimation box or sump for 10-14 days allowing tang to both heal and establish hiding places

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang is getting ripped up by trigger. Didnt work :(
I feel so bad
Yeah, isolate them if possible. The tang needs to get established. I’ve had my Picasso trigger for over 20 years. I’ve introduced a lot of fish during his time. He’s survived every tank disaster I’ve had over those years because he is bulletproof). Every time I’ve introduced a new fish, he’s been pretty relentless for about 2-3 days, then all of the sudden, he accepts the new guy. BUT, you gotta get the new guy through those first few days without getting shredded.

OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes- Isolate the trigger either in acclimation box or sump for 10-14 days allowing tang to both heal and establish hiding places
This could either be terrible or good news, i havent found him for the whole day since he got attacked so hes either hiding extremely well or worst of all hes already passed. Ill be looking and ill be trying to get him into a isolation box. (The trigger)

OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. And sorry that happened; if you are able to change a few rock around as well, the Trigger will come home to some new surroundings. (It might help if he was trying to guard his old sleeping spot.)
Yeah i recently moved rocks around actually. He likes to dart side to side in the back or front of the tank. When i saw the attack, it was in the bright lights in the front. And very true when i had ich dude didnt get touched once. But anyways i will.be trying to put the trigger in isloation. Problem is im not sure if the tang is even alive. I cant find him or hes just a master of disguise.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back