Skunk and Trigger

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive got a 100 gallon with a max size wrasse, 3.5inch picasso trigger, powder blue tang about 3 inches, and 1.5 inch clown. I was hoping i could get a skunk cleaner shrimp. Ive heard triggers will eat them or something although i did have a fully grown coral banded shrimp with him and nothing went wrong. Any thoughts?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive got a 100 gallon with a max size wrasse, 3.5inch picasso trigger, powder blue tang about 3 inches, and 1.5 inch clown. I was hoping i could get a skunk cleaner shrimp. Ive heard triggers will eat them or something although i did have a fully grown coral banded shrimp with him and nothing went wrong. Any thoughts?
Wouldnt… those triggers will be on him like flies on poop in a matter of seconds! And coral bandeds are like a different breed of shrimp, theyve got those claws lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a cleaner for your fish look into a cleaner wrasse, they go fine with any fish and will clean them like the skunks, and most fish leave them alone and let them do their thing! I cant have shrimp in my tank cause Ive got fish that would eat it in seconds but the cleaner wrasses never get messed with

OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a cleaner for your fish look into a cleaner wrasse, they go fine with any fish and will clean them like the skunks, and most fish leave them alone and let them do their thing! I cant have shrimp in my tank cause Ive got fish that would eat it in seconds but the cleaner wrasses never get messed with
I may do that but to be fair, the biggest reason i want a skunk is because i find it a little funny how they always just jump onto your hands and other fish.

I was thinking about cleaner wrasse though they are also great. I would like to buy them at my lfs because every fisb ever shipped to me has died for some unknown reason. My lfs is a little boring though so theres that.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may do that but to be fair, the biggest reason i want a skunk is because i find it a little funny how they always just jump onto your hands and other fish.

I was thinking about cleaner wrasse though they are also great. I would like to buy them at my lfs because every fisb ever shipped to me has died for some unknown reason. My lfs is a little boring though so theres that.
Yeah I miss my skunk cleaner, that was really cool. You could always set up a nano for one, I really think your triggers will be all over it in a matter of seconds. Kinda either shrimp or triggers unfortunately shrimp are awesome to have

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I miss my skunk cleaner, that was really cool. You could always set up a nano for one, I really think your triggers will be all over it in a matter of seconds. Kinda either shrimp or triggers unfortunately shrimp are awesome to have
Also reef beauties is a good place for cleaners. Got mine from them in the past and they come very healthy and eating right away!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back