Tang Bacterial Infection?

henryriesett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
100
Reaction score
21
Location
Eldersburg
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I recently got a Tomini tang delivered 4 days ago, and there may be some problems. He has some discolouration, along with these black blotches. I will show a pic, but can get a better one tonight when the blue light is off. I do have kanaplex on hand I could add in the food. Could this just be a stress thing? He is still a bit timid, but has been eating.
image.jpg
 
Something indeed is happening on him. Can you take a picture without blue light? In the meantime let’s get someone more experienced here.

#fishmedics
 
Hello. I recently got a Tomini tang delivered 4 days ago, and there may be some problems. He has some discolouration, along with these black blotches. I will show a pic, but can get a better one tonight when the blue light is off. I do have kanaplex on hand I could add in the food. Could this just be a stress thing? He is still a bit timid, but has been eating.
image.jpg
As a new addition, Is anyone bullying him?
Clowns can be so, so nasty.
 
I believe he may have. The side has gotten worse, MAYBE.
First, I would ask for credit if he came in the bag like that.

I can’t see much through the blue light, only what appears to be some skin damage, but definitely something up there. Don’t see any parasite infect.

Clear video with whites would help a lot more, otherwise just a SWAG.

I’d ask in the disease section what action can be taken now if any.
 
Last edited:
If that came like that in the bag, ask for credit.
Looks like he lost in a fight.

If he’s swimming, eating and otherwise acting normal, just keep a watch, this damage can repair itself provided it does not get infected and the source of the damage has been stopped.
 
If that came like that in the bag, ask for credit.
Looks like he lost in a fight.

If he’s swimming, eating and otherwise acting normal, just keep a watch, this damage can repair itself provided it does not get infected and the source of the damage has been stopped.
Do you think it is infected now, or just badly damaged?
 
No way to tell from a pic.
It would just be a complete guess.
Assuming he/she is eating well and swimming fine, I’d just watch at the moment.

I think we should see less in a week or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new