Tang compatibility?

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a yellow tang and a lieutenant tang. I would like to add a yellow eye kole tang as well. I believe the three will be ok since they are all different body types, but just wanted some opinions. Yay or nay?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that would be a good combo, theoretically. What is the tank size?

Ideally, they would have been added very close together or at the same time...or the kole first. Acclimation box or using a mirror will certainly help.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. If you have a lot of room, a peaceful tank and feed them a bunch (where they grow a few inches a year), then they will likely be fine.

The "same body type" thing is a bunch of BS, IMO. It is all about meeting their needs... cramp them, overstimulate them and don't feed them and they act like ****** on a reality TV show... but meet their needs and they are peaceful and calm.

OP
OP
720 Reefer

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that would be a good combo, theoretically. What is the tank size?

Ideally, they would have been added very close together or at the same time...or the kole first. Acclimation box or using a mirror will certainly help.
Tank is 180

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a lot of room, a peaceful tank and feed them a bunch (where they grow a few inches a year), then they will likely be fine.

I agree with that part. Lots or room, food, and also flow helps. Lots of rock to hide in, while still having swimming room, helps.

I do think mixing different genera is better. Adding a purple to an existing yellow, for example, could be more difficult than adding the proposed kole.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back