Tang doing figure 8s around powerhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zbutcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zbutcher

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
575
Reaction score
146
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone more less the title lol

But I have a white tail bristletooth in fairly shallow but 6'x3' tank and he is swimming all around the power heads. I have no idea why. He is grazing around his swimming area and will break from his swimming to go bite the seaweed clip then goes back to his figure 8s. He eats anytime I put food in as well.

I literally have no idea why he is doing this but does anyone have any idea? I can show you a pic below

Any advice is appreciated thanks

Screenshot_20220416-144116__01.jpg
 
Potentially defending his ground against his reflection - My CBB does it from time to time and the side of the tank he does it on is against a white wall.
 
I have a tomini that does that on occasion and also assumed it was a reflection.

What’s the best way to prevent that? I can put pretty much anything along the side if need be. A mirror, black fabric, waffle sound dampening ..... blue ... green ... red. What?
 
When I put new fish, in the Main Tank, I put a PVC Mirror on the outside, it’s actually a shower shaving mirror I made. This distracts and wears out the current fish from bullying, till the new fish can get established. I see the same behavior, from Angel Fish, Tang, Chromis Clowns and the Neon Dottyback.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new