Tang for an 80 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter tlips
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a tomini, two spot and yellow eyed kole tang. The two spot lives in a 75 gallon tank and is fine. The tomini would be fine in it as well. The two spot is slightly larger than the tomini. I often see kole tangs recommended for smaller tanks but mine is twice the size of the other two. I would not put him in the smaller tank.
 
Hey everyone

I wanted to get opinions on a possible tang for my 80 gal. It’s 48x24x16. I appreciate everyone’s opinions. I plan on upgrading to at least a 150 in a year or two. Thanks!

potential stocking list:
1 or 2 tangs
1 foxface
2 wrasses
Diamond goby
Get one smaller tang like a tomini or kole, anything else and you’re being a bad marine husband.
 
Something like a Tomini Tang could be fine, just make sure it has a lot of swimming room(not too much live rock, not so much fish).
 
A quick pic this morning
You can see the Tomini is a much smaller fish than the Yellow Eye Kole. He is older too.
So far the Kole is the same size as my Clown and Sailfin tangs.
i-sWt5Vxv-M.jpg
 
A quick pic this morning
You can see the Tomini is a much smaller fish than the Yellow Eye Kole. He is older too.
So far the Kole is the same size as my Clown and Sailfin tangs.
i-sWt5Vxv-M.jpg
Cool! You seem to have a very healthy foxface too btw. Pretty fish. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new