Tang Help! Hole in Head or Something Else?

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this on my Kole Tang. Sore to the right of his eye above his fin. He's been lethargic (Being blown around by the wave makers) and not really eating. Has been pooping a lot white/brown stringy. Setting up FW dip and quarantine tank. What is the best treatment for the QT tank?

1584897197979.png

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White and brown. Hmm. Could be the fish is experiencing an internal parasite and as it has been getting weaker, a secondary bacterial infection has started at the spot you found. The not eating is a problem for correcting internal parasites. Dosing the QT with General Cure will give it both prazi + metro. Adding kanaplex will help with bacterial infection. Can also add Furan2 to the mix if the bacterial infection begins to show any redness or necrosis at the spot.

Make sure to add generous amounts of O2 as those meds will "use" some of the oxygen. A powerhead aimed up to where it is actively rippling the water surface is good also adding a bubble filter would be even better. Can soak the bubble filter's foam pad with BioSpira to help with water quality issues within the QT.

OP
OP
A

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Just finished the FW dip and got him in QT. Need to go get the meds as I just have PETCO bac/parasite meds. Updated Pic.
1584900121736.png

1584900188546.png

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 6.7%
Back