Tang help please

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a close up picture of the tang does anyone know what this looks like?? Is this flake??
8e9171d00b9482a8e517e863faaf1dee.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hypermelanization is when a coral stings a fish and the stings leave marks that look very much like what's on your tang. We usually see this more with fish that "host" corals like clowns and some wrasses. But if your tang is sleeping or hanging around next to an aggressive coral this could be the cause of the marks.

OP
OP
lewis.maryann08

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hypermelanization is when a coral stings a fish and the stings leave marks that look very much like what's on your tang. We usually see this more with fish that "host" corals like clowns and some wrasses. But if your tang is sleeping or hanging around next to an aggressive coral this could be the cause of the marks.
I have alot corals so i guess thats whats wrong looks like he would know not to touch them lol

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the only other way for a fish to get marks similar to that is to have been through Ich or Velvet (and you would have seen this because of the white spots all over the fish based on the photo) or flukes to have that many marks. The first thing that's easy to check is for flukes. Do a freshwater dip and see if any of the "sesame seed" looking things fall off. Has the fish been shaking, scratching, or breathing hard?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back