tang-like fish for 20 long

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i am planning on starting a 20 long reef tank. currently, i am planning my livestock. i really want a tang-LIKE fish (i.e. a somewhat large fish for my tank yk not an actual tang obiv). I've been looking at dwarf angels and I've been thinking abt the cherub angel. but a lot of people are saying that they are 50/50 when it comes to reefs or that 20 long is too small but others have said that the cherubs are peaceful and a 20 long is fine since it has the same footprint as a 30 i just need to have lots of rock etc. my current stocking as of now is one clown, a firefish, a lawnmower blenny/watchman goby, and maybe a possum wrassse/one Banggai cardinal. if i put a "/" than that means one or the other. I am not planning on exceeding 5 fish with 4 being my safe number. what do you guys think? i just want a somewhat large (as large fish i can have for a 20 long) fish that is colorful that will work in a 20 long (30 x 12 x 12 in). any suggestions? thanks!

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i am planning on starting a 20 long reef tank. currently, i am planning my livestock. i really want a tang-LIKE fish (i.e. a somewhat large fish for my tank yk not an actual tang obiv). I've been looking at dwarf angels and I've been thinking abt the cherub angel. but a lot of people are saying that they are 50/50 when it comes to reefs or that 20 long is too small but others have said that the cherubs are peaceful and a 20 long is fine since it has the same footprint as a 30 i just need to have lots of rock etc. my current stocking as of now is one clown, a firefish, a lawnmower blenny/watchman goby, and maybe a possum wrassse/one Banggai cardinal. if i put a "/" than that means one or the other. I am not planning on exceeding 5 fish with 4 being my safe number. what do you guys think? i just want a somewhat large (as large fish i can have for a 20 long) fish that is colorful that will work in a 20 long (30 x 12 x 12 in). any suggestions? thanks!
small tank small fish large fish will have a big bioload or your take will crash and burn.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the fish you want on liveaquaria.com they have minimum tank size recommendations for every fish. There's always going to be fish you want and can't have unless you go with a huge tank. Best to follow the recommendations. If you want 5 fish in a 20 gallon, all of them need to be very small.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back