Tang losing it slime coat

  • Thread starter Thread starter katguevara
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.

katguevara

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2016
Messages
121
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried posting in the fish disease section but not getting any answers, so I thought I'd try here. I treated my powder brown tang for ich along with every other fish in the tank and left it fishless for 90 days. Within that time period I decided to upgrade to a bigger aquarium and used the water and live rock to seed everything. A couple days ago I transfered my fish into my new DT making sure it was cycled before I did. Now my tang is losing his slime coat bad! Look like shedding dead skin after a sun burn. All my parameters are in check. Any ideas what's going on?

c68283ff6ee8a7c31c9c402e70362649.jpg
 
I could be 100% wrong as I am new to all this. I have a Kole tang. He is super sensitive to any environment change. When I first got him, I thought he had ich. After a couple days he lost all the spots and calmed down. I added a couple Zoa frags, and a blood shrimp. My wife cleaned the glass and disturbed the sand bed. He started shedding his coat similar to yours. when he is static for a few days he straightens out. There are many people here much better suited to diagnosing things, but in my case tangs seem to be a bit high strung...I had another person tell me the same about his. Good luck!
 
I could be 100% wrong as I am new to all this. I have a Kole tang. He is super sensitive to any environment change. When I first got him, I thought he had ich. After a couple days he lost all the spots and calmed down. I added a couple Zoa frags, and a blood shrimp. My wife cleaned the glass and disturbed the sand bed. He started shedding his coat similar to yours. when he is static for a few days he straightens out. There are many people here much better suited to diagnosing things, but in my case tangs seem to be a bit high strung...I had another person tell me the same about his. Good luck!
Thanks! I'm only several months into the hobby myself so and experience or advice is good advice. I'm hoping mine pulls through!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new