Tang Reintroduction

MFear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately recently pulled all my fish from my 220 gallon display and put them into hospital tanks because of an ich outbreak...the tank has been fallow for about two months and I'm approaching the reintroduction date after 76 fallow days. The problem is that I lost 2 of my 4 young tangs from my 220 gallon tank. I lost a Regal Tang and a Naso Tang. I still have a Powder Blue and a Sailfin Tang; one in each of my hospital tanks along with other inhabitants...They've now been in separate tanks for about 2 months. Two weeks following the ich treatment, when I could tell the ich was gone, I tried putting them in the same hospital tank to see if they'd still get along and it was instant war. So they're separated again. I'm pretty positive that when reintroduced to the 220 at the same time they'll go back to being friends like they always were...the problem is that I'd like to introduce a Regal Tang and a Naso Tang again, but I worry that if I put my Sailfin and Powder Blue in the display following the fallow period, that by the time the new tangs are purchased and go through the QT process, the Sailfin and Powder Blue will be too territorial to accommodate any new tangs down the road. Do I just need to start over with a tang gang fresh and re-home my Sailfin and Powder Blue? Or do you think that if two are introduced at the same time, assuming they're all the same general size, that multiples will get along with multiples?

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no easy answer to this man. You do have a big tank so that is a plus. I have seen fish harass each other like crazy the first two days and then not mind each other at all. Honestly, try and see. Nothing anyone can predict.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can leave the Powder and Sailfin in their qurantine tanks longer while purchasing your naso and regal tangs. Do TTM on them. It only takes 12 days. Put them in the tank first, then put your powder and sailfin afterwards. That's what I would do. If there's still aggression, do the mirror trick.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back