Tang stopped eating in QT

ace33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the following in 20g QT treating with Cupramine (currently @ 0.45 on hanna), all fish are small 1-2"

Naso
Foxface
Emperor Angel
Filefish
Sixline
Royal Gramma

All fish have been in for 2 weeks, first week was observation and then the naso showed a few speck so started cupramine. Spots went, got a bit of lympho which has also now gone. Raised copper slowly over a week but the naso has now stopped eating for the past 2/3 days. Before he was eating enriched brine, mysis, krill flake sometimes with selcon. Now hes hiding in his cave with the occasional swim round but no interest in feeding.

All other fish active and feeding fine. I did a 5g WC yesterday which was predosed with copper. QT was seeded with 2 large sponges from the DT and I have added some microbacter7 periodically.

Should I lower the copper slightly to see if he starts feeding again?

Unless I pull him and do TTM? Never done it before but happy to give it a go. Got plenty of buckets and small powerheads.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you are doing good things. I use copper power now but have used cupramine in the past. I know that I needed to lower the cupramine concentration to get fish to eat, but that was before the Hanna checker. Let’s see if anyone can help.
#reefsqaud

OP
OP
A

ace33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we could get copper power here, pretty impossible in the UK unfortunately.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.2%
Back