Tang suggestions?

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be careful with the flame in the reef. Keep an eye on them cause they're really not reef safe. I would keep the naso in the reef and the angel in the fowlr.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks about the same size as the one I have when I first got him. Mine is just a bit bigger now then yours. It'll take them a long time to grow. Mine used to be super shy when I got him. Getting the spotty look like the fox face when stressed. Now he don't mind me and will come up to feed when I feed them. You will enjoy the naso!

rmiles54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple who has been nipping at my acans! Beautiful fish... blonde Naso is a stunner and the fish I’m really enjoying more and more is the Lavender Tang. He is a sight, nice markings and coloration. Constant grazer!!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid like 80 for it from critter, but it had been there a while and eating well. I'll try to grab some new reef shots later. Adding a melanaris wrasse and a flame angel tops this tank off.

rmiles54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the lavender Tang was a Tang I thought about, but the same family as a Atlantic blue, which is my wife's favorite tang..

Atlantic Blue is also very sweet!!! Just got too big for me! If you ever have a chance down the road go for the Lavender, I was skeptical but it will not disappoint...

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wants a blueface angel so we will be moving to a 240, which the naso will appreciate too. He seems pretty active and happy thus far.

IMG_20190224_195821.jpg

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue face angel is definitely a pretty one to have for sure!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue face angel is definitely a pretty one to have for sure!
Sure is! And I'm not going to turn down a larger tank! I'm on a hold on fish for a while to finish some stuff around the house, but next to get added to the big tank downstairs will be a bit color fox , and another smaller butterfly i think.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on hold for awhile myself since I'm keeping the budget on finishing my bathroom.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know it! however ive had the baby naso since Sunday and im really liking him. hes always cruising around the tank early before the lights come on etc. Really cool fish. His colors have gotten darker since i got him. Im assuming thats normal.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he was pale before is because he was stressed. He's probably settling in now getting his color in. Have you taught him to eat algae sheet yet?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back