Tang suggestions?

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy the seaweed that they make sushi with from the grocery store, dont buy those expensive ones from the pet shop. I'll cut them all down to size and place them in ziplock bags to keep them fresh. Then I'll take a piece and shred them and dump it in the tank. Next day I'll let a piece get wet and put it in front of the pump and let it circulate around. If they don't go after it, then I'll shred another. They'll catch on pretty quick. Once one goes after it, every one else follow suit.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way the shredded ones you have to get them within the water column too, don't let them float.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way the shredded ones you have to get them within the water column too, don't let them float.
i hav a home made floating clip upstairs, and that is the algae i feed, everyone in that tank, trigger and wrasses included go nuts. Ill try the return pump idea. Ive got a mag 12 on that tank so it should suck it up just fine. found him trying to rest on the powerhead this morning. ive been trying to keep his stress down and appeared to be eating but i know at their small size they dont always do well, so i moved him to sump with an algae sheet. hes still alive but im not 100 percent sure he was eating enough and with my high flow.. He was at critter for like almost 3 weeks and was eating there, so idk.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had another one at critters that looks quite healthy. They're generally pretty easy fish to deal with.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was eating at critter but was swimming around and not picking too much for me. Tried several foods, and the night before was greeting me when I approached. We will see what's next.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way is shredding the algae sheet into tiny pieces and let the pump spread it everywhere. They'll go after it.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got mine I failed to notice he had black ich. A little thin too as well. I fed him multiple times per day and he gained weight and the black ich went away on it's own. Nice and fat right now. We've had him for many months now.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple is quite aggressive so I would add that last if you intend on getting one.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the final choices we made

Lighning Maroons

2 wrasse

Pacific Blue Tang.

Purple Tang

Atlantic blue Tang

Emperor angel /Blueface angel

Figi bi color foxface

Sailfin Tang or purple or naso

School of chromis

Coral beauty

Starry blenny

Pink spotted sleeper goby

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back