Tang suggestions??

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange shoulder tang is just awesome. I bought him after i started up the tank to get rid of hair algae and I have never seen a piece in the tank again. he eats CHAETO all day long from the fuge. He even posed for you Rev! Very good personality as well.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
Love the orange shoulder. I have never seen one that color. I thought they were more brown. Is that the juvenile color?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the orange shoulder. I have never seen one that color. I thought they were more brown. Is that the juvenile color?

I'm not sure the actual age but i purchased him when he was around <3 inches and now he is as thick as my hand and almost 6" long. From everything i've read on them they never color up in a home aquarium like they do in the wild. I wouldnt call him a juvi anymore only because they develope the orange line as sub-adults. I plan on keeping him for a while and putting him in my new tank, so maybe we'll get to see if he starts to turn grey this year. I've seen some come into the LFS that were already kind of big and they were cream colored in the front and grey in the rear half.

Last edited:
R

reef-nut

View Badges
If he was mine I would want him to stay the way he is, AWESOME! If he is 6 inches, I dought he is going to change any.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what ive seen they have 2 different morphs
one that is a brownish grey color and one that is a yellow color

ive read that the yellow is the juvenile color which i dont think is true at all because we had 3 and all 3 were similar sizes and 2 were greyish while the other was always yellow and theyre ~5" now and the same colors and when we got them they were around 2"

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys! :)

I ended up picking up a medium purple tang and a salfin blenny.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got a new tang over the weekend
my favorite bristletooth
0504081732.jpg

when i decide to break out the dslr then ill get a better pic but until then my phone cam is gunna have to do

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You dog! Where did you get it. I may add one of those too and be done with it. :)

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lfs here
i told myself when i got to the lfs i was going to get some nass snails and if they had a chevron for the same price as before id get em
low and behold they had 2 so i had to get em
cheapest price ive seen them for too so i had to get em
hes only about ~3" right now too so not really big

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you pay bro if you dont mind me asking and do they ship? :D

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope they dont ship, but i have to drive 1 hour just to get there but its worth it at times

Last edited:

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a purple for about 8 years and he died with swapping from a 100 gal to 220 gal. I think my yellow beat him up badly and he didn't survive. I was heart broken. He was beautiful, but VERY aggressive. Had to get whopper tangs just to go with him so that they wouldn't kill him.....

That bristletooth is BEAUTIFUL!!!

ServantSoldier

pro am
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chevron myself, and they are beautiful when a juvenile.. but have you all seen pics of them when they mature? I think I would have gone with something different had I known what they grow to be. :-( But as of now he is a bright beauty.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back