Tangs look unhealthy

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 yellow tangs total, 2 small and one about 3" in mt 75 gallon tank. They dont act stressed and they eat good but they always look skinny to me. Is this normal? I've had them about 2.5 years with no problems and hate to get rid of them but I want them to be happy.:angel:

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 tangs in a 75g is a lot of competition for food. Try to increase feedings. See if you can feed them spirulina flakes 4 times per day. Also feed some Nori. Never underestimate the appetite of tangs, as these animals are natural grazers that feed all day long in the wild. Be aware that heavier feedings will require more water changes to be able to maintain water quality. Try this and see if their conditions improve.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i just want to clarify something its a standard 48 long 75 gallon right?

Chipie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tangs sure don't look skinny. If they are fed enough and are still skinny, there's a good chance that they have some kind of internal parasite.

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tangs in my 75 but also 2 giant engineer gobies, 6 line wrasse, 2 clowns a sea hare, and a bi color blennie. I feed twice a day. Omega One marine flakes in the morning and frozen meat in the evening. Mine don't look fat but they also don't look thin to me. We need to see pictures!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to feed my tangs Formula 2 from Ocean Nutrition. it has worked well for me for 8 years. I have never had a skinny tang with it. also feel Nori Daily. now if you are wanting to fatten them up, feed them Cyclopeze with other frozen foods. they will love that delightful treat and the cyclopeze will fatten them up. I have some of the fattest tangs here. mine get a great diet of nori and flake.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back