Tangs sparring

loumaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick video of my tank heavy weight sailfins sparring

Has anyone else noticed that the more tangs you have the less aggression there is

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that's true unless you get a satan fish. But more often than not several tangs reduces overall aggression. Powder blues can be the exception of you get a nasty one

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long-standing wisdom has been that odd numbers are better than even numbers, particularly if you are attempting to keep fish from the same genus. Beyond that, I'm unconvinced that more are necessarily better than less.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long-standing wisdom has been that odd numbers are better than even numbers, particularly if you are attempting to keep fish from the same genus. Beyond that, I'm unconvinced that more are necessarily better than less.

I don't know, I think past a certain point it doesn't matter. I have nine small tanks and the difference between 8 and 9 was zero.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see a video
You commented on it on YouTube, silly!

I have another to upload but I am trying to get it to fix my wifi so I can upload it in HD

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also reduce aggression if the tangs don't compete in the same niche for food and if the body shape and color are different. I have a yellow eye and a yellow tang and I get no aggression from them at all. Because the yellow eye prefers micro algae and detritus and my yellow tang likes the fleshy macro algae. Now if I were to put another Zebrasoma or another Ctenochaetus into my tank they would probably fight with the new additions.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the new video. Change quality to 720p for best results.

Back