Tangs

Tag713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Dussmeri and a yellowfin in the same tank. I’ve been doing this over 40 years. Never have I seen saltwater fish kissing. They weren’t friendly to each other in the beginning. Now they swim around together and rub up against each other. What the heck is going on? Is this two tangs mating? What would you call that fish besides a mutt. lol

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they pressing their tails together? If so it's a dominance display. They are showing each other their scalpels. Highly likely that they are going to actually take some swings at each other at some point.

OP
OP
T

Tag713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they pressing their tails together? If so it's a dominance display. They are showing each other their scalpels. Highly likely that they are going to actually take some swings at each other at some point.
No it is not a dominance thing. They hang out to much now.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow belly blue hippo and a sailfin tang for probably 8 years now. They sleep in the same crevice together and swim together almost all the time. The sailfin still does a dominance dance and pushes the hippo around in circles at times.

Swimming together is different then pushing into each other. The later is a dominance act.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back