OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to a bone Dr today to see if he wants to replace my knee. I want a taller model so maybe I can get him to replace both of them. While I am there maybe I can get a quote on a new wrist, hand, thigh and hair. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to the bone guy and the nurse took the information and all the nonsense. I asked her if she thought this Dr. was the best guy for this job and she said he is replacing her hip on Tuesday. I figured he was OK.
So the Dr. comes in and twists my leg. After him and my wife pried me off of the ceiling he told me I needed a new knee. I said, I know, thats why I am here.
He then told me it is very painful and will take 6 months to heal. I know and who cares, just replace the thing. It isn't getting any better.
He then gave me a gift certificate to Home Depot to pick out the type of wood I want it to be made out of.

After he told me all about sawing the bone, cutting, chopping, screwing and all that Doctor stuff, the nurse comes back in to ask me what is my preferred type of alcoholic drink. (no Really!!) I told her Grand Marnier. I figured if the Doc was buying I am not going to say the cheap stuff.
I assumed this surgery was going to be a party so I am all in. I was never asked that before a surgery and now I can't wait.

I will have this done in Stony Brook Hospital which is supposed to be a good hospital with great candy machines.
I doubt I will be able to decorate for Christmas or put up a tree but we will see. My Birthday is also Christmas day which is cool because my wife will have to cater to me . :rolleyes:
I also won't be able to play Santa this year. Maybe Santa will show up for me. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mandarin has a new hobby. When I feed the tank, he comes out and grabs a big piece of clam and goes into a cave to take his time trying to eat it. He has been doing this for a couple of weeks and I have never seen a mandarin doing that at every meal. Of course he hunts the rest of the day.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half a pound is a lot of worms. I would also only use 50% of their diet and even that is too much

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half a pound is a lot of worms. I would also only use 50% of their diet and even that is too much
Lol, yes it is.

I usually just get a few portions of black worms every few weeks from LFS.
Local LFS shuts down black worm deliveries for summer due to heat losses.
(Not touching it. [emoji849])
Anyway, the copperband was starting to get thin after doing without for almost 3 months.
Bought some black worms direct but it was a lot.
Copperband has been happy since the shipment arrived!
Finally putting on weight again.
It eats PEmysis, mussle, marine omni and shrimp and veggie if that is what is going in the tank at the time.
It's one of the most aggressive feeders in the tank and it never stops eating. But it was still getting thin without the black worms.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been in the new location for about 3 months now and so far no diseases or losses. I do have a tiny ozone generator which is to small to do anything but I put it on just for fun. It only puts out 50 mg/hr of ozone, my old one put out 200 mg/hr so this one won't even give my pods a tan much less kill any parasites. I know many people feel it is ozone that keeps my tank immune, but that is just silly. It is the food with the live bacteria in it, and the fact that I add fish without any quarantine at all from anywhere with no regard to parasites. That is what keeps my tank immune.

The amount of fish diseases on these forums is mind boggling and If I had to worry about all those diseases I would have packed this hobby up years ago and dumped it in the same place I throw out my Oldsmobile parts.

Virtually all fish in the sea have all the diseases that there are. It's our job to get the fish healthy asap so the fishes fantastic immune system can take care of it. Fish in the sea probably never get sick unless they have been injured or had their head removed by a bigger fish.
Fish diseases for me and other "older" people is a non issue and never thought about. As I have said 87 times, fish need parasites to stay healthy, as a matter of fact, parasites need fish for the same reason and there are viruses that need parasites to stay relevant. It's all normal and they all work together as they have since Nancy Pelosi was born.

If our fish gets sick, it is our fault, no one else.
Fish also need hiding places and they hate PVC pipes. If you feel you have to quarantine, please use some rock or something that looks like it was under the sea like something from Jimmy Hoffa's shoe. :eek:

But if you do quarantine for an extended amount of time, your fish will always be at risk of some sort of disease. I didn't make that up, the fish did. :cool:

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been in the new location for about 3 months now and so far no diseases or losses. I do have a tiny ozone generator which is to small to do anything but I put it on just for fun. It only puts out 50 mg/hr of ozone, my old one put out 200 mg/hr so this one won't even give my pods a tan much less kill any parasites. I know many people feel it is ozone that keeps my tank immune, but that is just silly. It is the food with the live bacteria in it, and the fact that I add fish without any quarantine at all from anywhere with no regard to parasites. That is what keeps my tank immune.

The amount of fish diseases on these forums is mind boggling and If I had to worry about all those diseases I would have packed this hobby up years ago and dumped it in the same place I throw out my Oldsmobile parts.

Virtually all fish in the sea have all the diseases that there are. It's our job to get the fish healthy asap so the fishes fantastic immune system can take care of it. Fish in the sea probably never get sick unless they have been injured or had their head removed by a bigger fish.
Fish diseases for me and other "older" people is a non issue and never thought about. As I have said 87 times, fish need parasites to stay healthy, as a matter of fact, parasites need fish for the same reason and there are viruses that need parasites to stay relevant. It's all normal and they all work together as they have since Nancy Pelosi was born.

If our fish gets sick, it is our fault, no one else.
Fish also need hiding places and they hate PVC pipes. If you feel you have to quarantine, please use some rock or something that looks like it was under the sea like something from Jimmy Hoffa's shoe. :eek:

But if you do quarantine for an extended amount of time, your fish will always be at risk of some sort of disease. I didn't make that up, the fish did. :cool:
I have now lost more fish through QT than I ever have without. I agree with you on so much, fish go through enough stress without a month long chemical bath.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back