OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is looking real sweet now that most of the algae is gone. I can suck it out in huge clumps and it clogs my sink. The corals are at full extension and all the fish are smiling.
I am going to try to list the fish although I am not sure of their names. I think some may be Tom or Harry.
1 copperband
2 blue stripe pipefish
2 anthius
2 bleenies
2 gecko gobies
2 Fierclowns
1 Janss pipefish
1 Some kind of red fish?
1 Some other kind of red fish?
1 Something that may be a type of anthius? (I am not real good at remembering names)
1 Wrasse looking thing.

I need to re plumb my reverse UG filter because there is almost no water going into it. Normally the water that flows over my algae filter goes into it but I didn't finish that yet so the water flows over the algae mesh and goes right back into the tank. I need to remedy that but too many other things to do first with the house.
I am finishing the vinyl tile in my workshop and I need to epoxy the garage floor, build a few more closets, add more outlets in the workshop and garage and build a rock wall in the living room with a fireplace and TV. Need to keep the wife happy.

Yesterday I drove the Grand Kids back 88 miles to the West Village in the City where they live, that was fun. :rolleyes:
Of course while they were here, I couldn't do anything productive as I had to play Ninja, Princess, Batman, Little Mermaid, and go to a horse ranch to see miniature horses.

Last edited:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is looking real sweet now that most of the algae is gone. I can suck it out in huge clumps and it clogs my sink. The corals are at full extension and all the fish are smiling.
I am going to try to list the fish although I am not sure of their names. I think some may be Tom or Harry.
1 copperband
2 blue stripe pipefish
2 anthius
2 bleenies
2 gecko gobies
2 Fierclowns
1 Janss pipefish
1 Some kind of red fish?
1 Some other kind of red fish?
1 Something that may be a type of anthius? (I am not real good at remembering names)
1 Wrasse looking thing.

I need to re plumb my reverse UG filter because there is almost no water going into it. Normally the water that flows over my algae filter goes into it but I didn't finish that yet so the water flows over the algae mesh and goes right back into the tank. I need to remedy that but too many other things to do first with the house.
I am finishing the vinyl tile in my workshop and I need to epoxy the garage floor, build a few more closets, add more outlets in the workshop and garage and build a rock wall in the living room with a fireplace and TV. Need to keep the wife happy.

Yesterday I drove the Grand Kids back 88 miles to the West Village in the City where they live, that was fun. :rolleyes:
Of course while they were here, I couldn't do anything productive as I had to play Ninja, Princess, Batman, Little Mermaid etc. :eek:
Remind me Paul what is this thing they call retirement? [emoji15] tomorrow I am building simething called a mud kitchen for one of my granddaughters birthday then later I have to play silly grandad at a granddaughters party. I will take one of my large glove puppets with me to help me out. Today I am doing lots of different things. There aren't enough hours in the day.[emoji4]

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, I agree, I wish I didn't have to sleep as the days are much to short.

Me too.

I like red fish too.

I also like blue fish.
upload_2018-9-4_8-50-17.png

I also like One Fish
upload_2018-9-4_8-52-37.png

And I like Two Fish.
upload_2018-9-4_8-54-6.png

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we had to go to the old neighborhood to doctors. When you get ancient you go to doctors as much as I used to go to Disco's. (Google it) I need a knee replaced and I just had some finger operations. I wore out my fingers pointing at pretty girls, I mean pointing at interesting fish in stores. I also want to go and buy a rug for my head or maybe get one of those cool comb overs.

My wife has her own issues.

So the LFS didn't have any small interesting fish that I wanted, just the normal, boring stuff like tangs, angels, moray eels Manta rays etc. So I really wanted to come home with something and I got this Moon Wrasse. Thats what they said it was although i think the guy in the canoe who collects these things makes up the names. It was probably a full moon when this thing jumped into his boat.

It started to eat as he was being put into my tank and never hid. He thinks he is an anthius and "schools" with the two I have, but they just think he's weird.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this Moon Wrasse. Thats what they said it was although i think the guy in the canoe who collects these things makes up the names.
Thats a super model fish. Super models like to show off there.......curves?;Wideyed

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what grandads do cos my chidren and thier partners don't seem able or willing to do. Quite understandable really as there is no keyboard or touch screen and you need this like tools which they have difficulty comprehending. Still grandads were brought up with DIY ability or they took the trouble to learn it. (For those who don't know what DIY stands for its not Don't Invest Yourself but Do It Yourself) Anyway this is going to make a soon to be 5year old a very happy beautiful young lady very happy. [emoji5]

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what grandads do cos my chidren and thier partners don't seem able or willing to do. Quite understandable really as there is no keyboard or touch screen and you need this like tools which they have difficulty comprehending. Still grandads were brought up with DIY ability or they took the trouble to learn it. (For those who don't know what DIY stands for its not Don't Invest Yourself but Do It Yourself) Anyway this is going to make a soon to be 5year old a very happy beautiful young lady very happy. [emoji5]
And here it is something called a mud kitchen I am told but I wouldn't know I only made it.
20180912_112655.jpeg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We Went to thew library here yesterday and they have a shelf for Long Island Authors. There were very few books there so I told the girl working there that I live on Long Island and I wrote a book. She got all excited and ran to get the head Librarian. They want my book there as I am sure they would want any Long Island writers book. While I was looking at the Long Island authors I was surprised to see this book there.
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Base-Illingworth-Remarkable-Staggering/dp/1250024951

I didn't know the author "Philip Keith " was from Long Island. But I was in that battle that the book is about so they again got all excited because Philip Keith is coming to speak there in November and they want me to speak about the battle. I am all excited. I have spoken about this before in front of various groups and on the radio, but this time it will be with the author of the book who by the way, was not in the battle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we did another Geezer thing. We took the Jitney about 3 hours upstate to a Purple Heart Museum. It was very cool and I didn't know some of the things about purple hearts. The Govt. minted a million of the medals during WW2 because that is how many men they figured we would lose if we invaded japan. Luckily, we didn't have to but they have a lot of medals left.
We are enrolling my wife's Father who was wounded in the Pacific in that war. He spent a year in the Hospital in Hawaii and received a Purple Heart.

Then they took us to a very nice seafood restaurant on the Hudson and treated us to a 2 hour boat ride on the Hudson. Very nice, and they had a bar.

My fish are all doing well and I will change some water if I ever get time as it has been 3 months. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the diatom filter on my tank today because most of the algae died and I want to suck out the dead and dying pieces.

I finished the barn wall with the top trim and the antique hardware. My wife loves it.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the diatom filter on my tank today because most of the algae died and I want to suck out the dead and dying pieces.

I finished the barn wall with the top trim and the antique hardware. My wife loves it.

Nice job Paul and you have the sliding door braces the right way round [emoji5]

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back