OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Doctor gave me some medication to take before I have this back procedure. I looked up some of the side effects to see if I got any.
Amazingly, I have all of them. :eek:

What side effects can this medication cause?

• drowsiness (I am sleeping as I write this)
  • tiredness or weakness (I'm to drowsy to notice)
  • dizziness (which way is my computer)
  • headache (Oh yeah, I got that)
  • uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body (my left earlobe is shaking at a different rate than my right ear lobe)
  • double or blurred vision (I think I see two Supermodels)
  • unsteadiness (I just fell into my tank)
  • anxiety (OMG, I hope no one reads this thread)
  • memory problems (what is this thread about)
  • strange or unusual thoughts (I thought Christie Brinkley texted me, maybe I was mistaken)
  • unwanted eye movements ( I am looking left to see right)
  • nausea (Oh No, not on my key board)
  • vomiting (same thing, isn't it)
  • heartburn (Heartburn and I burned my hand on the MH light bulb)
  • diarrhea (I won't go there)
  • dry mouth ( I have been drinking Grand Marnier or that)
  • constipation (It's hard to be sexy when your constipated)
  • increased appetite, (Is that a salami sandwich)
  • weight gain (Ugh)
  • swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
  • back or joint pain (If I didn't have back pain I wouldn't have to take this)
  • fever (no, I don't have that)
  • runny nose, sneezing, cough, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms. (all of the above)
  • ear pain No, but I hear angels singing)
  • red, itchy eyes (sometimes with swelling or discharge) (only green discharge)
Some side effects may be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
  • rash ( the heartbreak of psoriasis)
  • itching (it's hard to type and scratch at the same time)
  • swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes (It's also hard to see with my face swelled up like this)
  • hoarseness (Seabiscuit in the third)
  • difficulty swallowing or breathing. I am even as we speak giving myself CPR)
  • seizures (no, not right now)

pattyxlynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patty, If I were not already married, I would marry you. I absolutely love the Steam Punk clock/biplane. Maybe I will convert to Mormanism so I can have a few wives. (Christie Brinkley already expressed a desire to be married to me, but I digress) :rolleyes:

Patty, while you are reading backwards, here is some more of my Steam Punk stuff.
Love, love love the clock.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/steampunk-lamp.277500/

Paul, My DH would probably say you can have her but she comes with ALL of her stuff. ;Joyful Actually, he's pretty good about it, puts up with me *and* my stuff and even says so (in my presence!). I found a couple more pics of the clock. I only have a few kinda crappy ones because I put it in a show with a Not for Sale on it. Then went off on a cruise so was out of touch for awhile. Got back to phone messages and had one saying there was interest. Normally I wouldn't have sold it but the person wanted it for her husband for a Christmas present. She, her husband, her son, and her DIL, were all air traffic controllers. Seriously? So I caved.

You know the hardest thing about that project? Getting that spool to stay extended as the body of the plane. That took so many tries and different methods. Good thing I'm a stubborn redhead! Off to check out your link...

cw.jpg
c3w.jpg
c2w.jpg

Patty, If I were not already married, I would marry you. I absolutely love the Steam Punk clock/biplane. Maybe I will convert to Mormanism so I can have a few wives. (Christie Brinkley already expressed a desire to be married to me, but I digress) :rolleyes:

Patty, while you are reading backwards, here is some more of my Steam Punk stuff.
Love, love love the clock.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/steampunk-lamp.277500/

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clingfish may be clinging on the back of the glass someplace. I rarely saw him anyway but I want more anyway.
I have a bunch of bleenies, very cool fish.

That's cool, there is hope for him. I also meant about the clingfish and blenny that maybe you could make steam punk version of one of them? I bet nobody on earth has done such a thing. ;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to make a steampunk clingfish because they don't have any protrusions and it would be pretty boreing. I think I will stat another, more elaborate angler fish and another lamp. I have all the parts. This one will also have bubbles and colored water. It is very cool in my head, now I just have to build it.
Patty, I am loving that clock spring and the entire thing. Very cool and innovative.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the new copper toilet bowl float and I aged it last night because it comes shiny copper and that is not the look I am looking for. Now it has a nice patina on it with green streaks.
I also have a much larger tesla globe which will be a quarter of the fish. I hope to build this one more elaborate as I have a little more experience and more stuff, gears and such.
I will post pictures as I make the thing.

As for my reef, I thought I was missing a flasher wrasse but I found her hiding place. She hangs out on the top of the tank behind the three UG filter tubes. The only time a fish would hide there is when they are bullied so I assume the other one is chasing her up there whenever she comes out. I can't be sure because she never comes out. Now that I know where she is, at least I can feed her but I am not sure how long she can live there. There is no way to catch her so I doubt she will live long.

Every thing else looks fine

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got 2 new fish. One is something that is the size of a clown gobi but has a poisonous spine and is polka dotted. I forgot what it is. I also got a new Possum wrasse. Now out of the 25 or so fish I have probably 8 of them are hiders and I will only see them once a year around the third of October about 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon. I don't really care if I see the fish or not as long as I know they are in there, or at least were in there. I once had a beautiful cusk eel for 18 years and almost never saw it. I killed it by accident when I removed some rock from the tank, and he was in it. I never fed it or took it out to dinner but occasionally if I went down stairs in the dark with a flashlight, (possibly searching for Supermodels) I would see him sneaking around the back of the tank.
Now I have cling fish, possum wrasses, perchlet, flasher wrasse, possibly a garden eel, a weird white pipefish and 3 or 4 others which I have no idea if they are still there, on the floor or went on vacation.
Those types of fish are my favorites. Anyone can have a clownfish that sits in front of the tank starring at you or an angelfish. The sea and heaven is full of angels. I go for the oddballs. I once dated a girl who looked like a flounder because any body can date a beautiful girl. The good thing about dating a girl that looks like a flounder is that if she swims away, Who cares! .:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Paul how about judging the looks less and the soul more??? I'll take a flounder with good intentions over superficial judgement any day of the week or year for that matter. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that's why I went out with the girl who resembled a flounder. It wasn't just because of her looks, which was like a fish. She was a sweetheart and she really did dump me. And I really did feel bad.
A Supermodel never dumped me for obvious reasons. :confused:

(I think you take my posts far to serious)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that's why I went out with the girl who resembled a flounder. It wasn't just because of her looks, which was like a fish. She was a sweetheart and she really did dump me. And I really did feel bad.
A Supermodel never dumped me for obvious reasons. :confused:

(I think you take my posts far to serious)

No actually I do not take anything posted seriously. It just appears as perhaps some put too much weight on appearance rather than content, supermodels are really not all that nor do a lot of people use supermodel status as a reference for good or bad, just saying. :confused:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just appears as perhaps some put too much weight on appearance rather than content,

"I actually do not". Mentioning Supermodels just became part of my posts many years ago. I am not sure why. I used to mention Paris Hilton a lot but she kind of faded out.
I worked with many Supermodels on Victoria Secret photoshoots and quite a few other places. But I went out with many fantastic girls, some very good looking and some not so good looking. I am not as shallow as I seem although I realize it does seem so. (Have you seen what I look like :eek:)
The girl I mention that resembled a flounder was really nice looking but she reminded me of a fish. A very cute fish like you would see in a Disney movie.
I met her in Colorado when I was 19. She is probably married to a male model now who resembles a Shark. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was figuring. If the rest of the thing was copper I would have liked to build something out of that.
I am making another angler fish but I made a mistake and will take that one apart and use the parts for something else. I ordered another copper float. If I build it I want it perfect or close anyway. If I am going to take the time to make something, I want it as good as I can build it. If I didn't care about quality, I would buy drill bits from China. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Grand Daughter Greta is having an Endoscopy and I am very worried about her. Greta is 4 years old and this is the third one she is having. They have to put her under for this as she has a rare esophagus disease that "seems" to be under control but there is no cure and she will always have it. She is a brave little girl but screams when they start to knock her out as it is traumatic for a four year old as I can imagine.
We should hear in an hour how it went.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, she got good results from the test but we are waiting for the biopsy to be sure. It seems the steroids are working so they don't have to increase them, but she will still have to take them the rest of her life.

Cary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, she got good results from the test but we are waiting for the biopsy to be sure. It seems the steroids are working so they don't have to increase them, but she will still have to take them the rest of her life.

Prayers go out to your family

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my male Bangai cardinal is finally going to die of old age. I really thought he would die six months ago with his mate but he is still looking great. But he stopped eating and that is the first sign of dying of old age.
I will see how long he hangs on. I am thinking a week but I did say that before and he rallied and kept on living.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went down to my boat yesterday to install a pair of hatch lifts so I could lift the engine hatch cover without breaking my back. It needs to be opened a lot because the table is stored down there as well as the vacuum, some oil and spare food in case a Supermodel drops by. But that doesn't take up hardly any room. So I bring the linear actuators, wires, switch, tools, Gater aid, beer etc.
I had to design my own brackets out of 1 1/4" thick acrylic because they needed to be mounted on a vertical part of the bilge. I got the two of them mounted and wanted to try them out with a temporary wire to make sure they were aligned correctly because they automatically stop at the end of the travel and it was a little difficult to get them properly installed due to all the stuff in the way down there.

So I get into the engine compartment and take a pair of wires with alligator clips on them and clip them to the battery, Then I crouch down and connect the other end of the wires to the actuators so the hatch would close. Being I am not a Jiboni, I first got one of the guys who works in the marina to stand there next to the boat because if this doesn't work, I will be stuck down there and there is barely enough room for me to fit. You can't lift the hatch by hand with the actuators installed.

I didn't mention that a few days ago I had this back procedure done where they stuck 6 ice picks, I mean needles in my back, guided by an X ray so he didn't go through my lung, spinal cord or ear lobe.
Anyway, I slowly crouch down as the lid closes and all is well.

I get as low as I can and the thing closes and boy is it dark. Yes, I did bring a flashlight, not being a Jiboni thing again. I can see it goes down perfectly. The only thing I failed to remember is that to open the thing, I need to reverse the connections on the battery. That is an easy thing. It's easy if the battery is in front of you. But the batteries are behind me and I can barely take a breath much less turn around.
I can scream through the cover at the guy next to the boat but all he can do is call 911 so the fire department will come with the "jaws of life" to rip my boat apart and I didn't think that would be prudent at this juncture. I also discovered that the sound deadening material that they have attached to the hatch cover so you can't hear the engines also prevents people hearing the "Jiboni" down there screaming.
Oh I forgot to mention, yesterday it was 93 degrees.

So I think fast. I can't turn around to reverse the connections on the battery, but I can pull the pins out on the actuators so they disconnect from the hatch. If I only brought down my needle nose pliers.
I search around in the bilge, but my neck is bent against the hatch so I have limited sight. I find a piece of wire. Using the light, I carefully push the wire into the hole where the clevis pin is and push out the pin. The actuator falls free. Great. But there is still the other one, behind me.
Oh great, I still have to turn around, and if I could turn around, I could just reverse the wires, oh, what to do.
I managed to bend my leg under one of the engines which would have been so much easier if my leg had an extra knee in my shin. Then I stuck my head against the gas tank and twisted my other leg under the other engine. Now I am thinking, if this doesn't work, the "Jaws of Life" would even be useless and they would have to bury me in the boat and that would be very expensive for my wife. Sweat is dripping off me so fast that the bilge pumps started.
I bend my leg out from under the engine and twist it around so I can stick it under the other engine. Now I am in a real awkward position but one arm is able to reach the batteries.
I remove one alligator clip and am very careful because if the two alligator clips touch, there will be an explosion and the wire would melt possibly causing a fire and with my head against the gas tank, that was not the outcome I was looking for.
I manage to get the alligator clip connected to the battery and the hatch starts to lift. I take a breath of air and see the guy standing there who says. I was starting to get worried.
I said, are you kidding, that was a piece of cake.

The thicker "rod" is one of the actuators I installed.

When the hatch closes, it hits the top of the air cleaners on the engines so it is a little tight.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back