Tank birthday, 47+ years

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from the Knee guy and it seems only 1 or 2% of his patients get this. Guess which percent I am?

He said it is rare and I got a bad case of it. Thats Great!!!.
I wanted to be in the One percent with this.

It seems that a ligament that runs along side your knee is rubbing up against the titanium implant and it doesn't like it so it is irritated. So am I.

Now I have to take this heavy duty steroid and one of the side effects is Knee pain. You can't make this stuff up. :confused:

Then I have to go for knee injections. I thought the reason for getting a knee replacement was so you don't have to get any more knee injections.

But I guess this time the needle is filled with WD-40. :eek:
Are you sure the titanium plate is properly grounded to your heel? It could be building up an induced voltage and causing HLLE on your kneecap.

I do hope that this is a temporary setback and that it resolves itself before too long.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have been in home depot shopping for nose rings. Lowe's has nicer ones.

Gawd, Somebody please photoshop a nose ring on your face. [emoji57]

And an I [emoji173] NY on your bicep. [emoji3]

Lol I second this.

Sorry for the troubles @Paul B feel better

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WD40 is supposedly made with fish oil, so you will be immune from ich.

I thought so too, but unfortunately, that is a myth.
You should have just replaced it yourself! It probably would've been a much better job!

I should have done it myself because this is what happens when you hire someone. If you want it done right, you should do it yourself.
The only reason I didn't do that is that I need two hands to use the saw to cut out my old knee and I also need two hands to put my fingers in my ears because my screaming may scare me.

I also would have installed a grease fitting and maybe an adjustment screw. I would have gotten a good American made adjustment screw and not one from Home Depot where their screws come from China and are made out of old I Phone 3s.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure the titanium plate is properly grounded to your heel? It could be building up an induced voltage and causing HLLE on your kneecap.

I do hope that this is a temporary setback and that it resolves itself before too long.

I know it's grounded because the grounding wire is sticking out between my toes and I have it connected to a water pipe. It's a little cumbersome, but it's a long wire.

I was going to ground it to my nose ring but I already have a lightning rod attached to that. :confused:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's grounded because the grounding wire is sticking out between my toes and I have it connected to a water pipe. It's a little cumbersome, but it's a long wire.

I was going to ground it to my nose ring but I already have a lightning rod attached to that. :confused:
You could ground it to your ball and chain failing that a metal lamp post. In the care just run an earth wire to your cars earth. Sorted [emoji6]

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which part is a myth? Ich immunity? :eek::rolleyes::cool:

I also thought WD-40 was made from Menhaden or as we call them in NY Bunker. But I called the company,and it is not. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and we have cotton mouth snakes also. I wonder if my blenny could take out a Cotton Mouth?

I remember in Viet Nam I once shot a python which must have been 30' long. He wanted to sleep in my bunker with me and I didn't think it would be prudent at that time. A Red Neck we had there took the head of this thing and carried it around for about a month because he wanted the skull. I made him get rid of it because of the stink.

Another time I shot a cobra. Him and me disagreed on where he should live and I won. First I shot him with my 45 but that just made him mad so I had to shoot him a few more times with my M-16. If that didn't work, I had a case of grenades and a howitzer.
I have a picture of the python someplace I think.

I don't believe in senselessly killing an animal, but if you like those things, buy a 12' cobra and cuddle up to it in bed. :rolleyes:

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some guys that had found a water cobra and they were going to kill it. I asked them to wait a minute because I wanted to film it.

When they thought I had enough video, they grabbed a big rock, but I asked for an extra minute to film it in the water. Before they had time to even think about it, the cobra was in the water swimming for its life.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from the Knee guy and it seems only 1 or 2% of his patients get this. Guess which percent I am?

He said it is rare and I got a bad case of it. Thats Great!!!.
I wanted to be in the One percent with this.

It seems that a ligament that runs along side your knee is rubbing up against the titanium implant and it doesn't like it so it is irritated. So am I.

Now I have to take this heavy duty steroid and one of the side effects is Knee pain. You can't make this stuff up. :confused:

Then I have to go for knee injections. I thought the reason for getting a knee replacement was so you don't have to get any more knee injections.

But I guess this time the needle is filled with WD-40. :eek:
Aw Paul that suck! I hope this works. Does it feel better yet? I read you were volunteering and man I was I impressed. Is he gonna send you to PT? Only some very gifted PT can help with that kinda stuff. Seriously, have you looked at rolling? Or taping? There are quite a few videos out there on this stuff, but not a lot of doctors orthos included believe in the benefits of this stuff but my favorite PT (physical therapist) is a master of muscle issues that cause joint issues and he is just AMAZING! Art usual says knee problems are hip muscle problems and fixed many folks I send to him. Please ask to see a physical therapist.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite PT (physical therapist) is a master of muscle issues that cause joint issues and he is just AMAZING
PT stand for physical therapist? :eek: All these years and here I thought it stood for Professional Torturer. :oops:

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember in Viet Nam I once shot a python which must have been 30' long. He wanted to sleep in my bunker with me and I didn't think it would be prudent at that time. A Red Neck we had there took the head of this thing and carried it around for about a month because he wanted the skull. I made him get rid of it because of the stink.

Another time I shot a cobra. Him and me disagreed on where he should live and I won. First I shot him with my 45 but that just made him mad so I had to shoot him a few more times with my M-16. If that didn't work, I had a case of grenades and a howitzer.
I have a picture of the python someplace I think.

I don't believe in senselessly killing an animal, but if you like those things, buy a 12' cobra and cuddle up to it in bed. :rolleyes:

Yah o let them be as long as they don't come in my house etc .I see them all of the time on the delta .They are cool to watch .

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria, I went to PT for about 5 weeks, the Dr. said I didn't need it any longer. Then the knee got worse. (not as bad as what you got of course as that's terrible and I am so glad you are getting better)
My knee problem is a consequence of surgery and I doubt PT will help. He says the ligament is rubbing on the titanium and scar tissue has to form. I think he is wrong as the pain is on the other side of the knee but what do I know? I also didn't know titanium could get scar tissue. :rolleyes: He also said I got tendonitis which kicks in 5 weeks after surgery.

I am taking steroids and my muscles are not getting any bigger, just my nose hairs. In a couple of weeks he wants to inject me with cortisone. I guess he will use a needle that can penetrate titanium. :eek:

The reason I got the knee was to stop getting cortisone shots in my knee, which by the way are not real pleasurable in the first place.
Today I am going dumpster diving in back of the hospital to see if I can find my old knee. :confused:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in this new home and our tastes changed a lot since we were young during the Cretaceous period. We always had modern. I wanted my house to look like the StarShip Enterprise. I already look like Capt. Picard so what the heck.
But now we are going for more industrial/Steampunk.

We were looking for an vintage factory window for my wife's bathroom and we just received it. The frame is in very bad shape but I will not replace it as I am looking for that. I need to stabilize it so it doesn't fall apart as it is even hard to pick up because pieces fall off. The wood that doesn't fall off is cracked so much like an alligator that one neighbor ran away as I was carrying it in.

It has some design etchings in it and the center pulls open. I will install it in the room with LED strips behind it.

I am painging the frame black but I "alligatored" the paint on the frame so it still looks very old. I did some test pieces of wood to see what looks best. I don't want it to look like it was just painted but I also can't use the existing frame color which is sort of like the bottom of Columbus boat. It just doesn't go but they thing should look very cool.

This side of the frame is the "good side"

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were looking for an vintage factory window for my wife's bathroom and we just received it.
Speaking of, how is the wife doing? The homemade special blend still helping?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria, I went to PT for about 5 weeks, the Dr. said I didn't need it any longer. Then the knee got worse. (not as bad as what you got of course as that's terrible and I am so glad you are getting better)
My knee problem is a consequence of surgery and I doubt PT will help. He says the ligament is rubbing on the titanium and scar tissue has to form. I think he is wrong as the pain is on the other side of the knee but what do I know? I also didn't know titanium could get scar tissue. :rolleyes: He also said I got tendonitis which kicks in 5 weeks after surgery.

I am taking steroids and my muscles are not getting any bigger, just my nose hairs. In a couple of weeks he wants to inject me with cortisone. I guess he will use a needle that can penetrate titanium. :eek:

The reason I got the knee was to stop getting cortisone shots in my knee, which by the way are not real pleasurable in the first place.
Today I am going dumpster diving in back of the hospital to see if I can find my old knee. :confused:
Paul, put that nasty thing down. No, do not try putting that ba...Gimme that! Snatches a nasty old yucky rotten bone out of Paul’s hand.
Paul, no body ever thinks it is a muscle problem. I worked in physical therapy for 6 years before I became a nurse. This PT is like 1 in a million kinda practitioner. I have never met someone with his skills.s I just wish you could see him. Tendons connect to muscles which can become tight and disruptive to your gaite and muscle imbalances form. My husband and his brother hike and run. I sent my BIL to this PT a few years ago for back pain. He is a mechanic . Of course he is gonna have back pain. Nope it is a hip flexor problem. My BIL now also swears this guy is a miracle worker. BIL had knee problems develop with training for a hiking trip. Nope not a knee problem. A hip abductor problem. The best part is that my husband developed this same knee problem but would not listen to me. I am the wife after all. But anyway his brother helped stretch his hip out and showed him how to roll out the abductors and other muscles and husbands knee pain improved enough to get off the mountain. I am just fascinated by the body.

All I am saying is look at some you tube videos for rolling. It has been very helpful to my family and we learned about it from this guy Art, the PT.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back