OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I didn't even know it was on "Reefs.com". I don't even know what that is. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very little patience. The VA tells me that is because of PTSD. I don't know. But I really don't like to wait in lines. If there are 2 cars in front of me at a gas station, I go to another one no matter how much the gas is. If I walk through a supermarket and there is long lines, I put everything back and go in the middle of the night.

I once had to go to the Mall. I never go to a mall and we have one of the biggest in the world here. It's like a country. I get that "Mall Look" .
My wife wanted me to return something and again, I never return things, I throw them away because I don't like to wait on lines.

I went into this "boutique", a place I wouldn't be caught dead in but there was only 3 Ladies on line so I figured I would wait because my wife was sick and she was counting on me. A 5 minute wait at most right!.. Wrong. :sick:

I get on line and the first Woman wanted to return this green thing she bought because the color didn't match her eyes perfectly. Easy, just give the thing back, get your refund and go home to grill some eggs or wash the car. Noooooo! The salesgirl and her had to peruse all over the store looking for the right green to match her eyes. :rolleyes:

OK she leaves with a purple dress. The next Lady lost her receipt. Of course she did so the salesgirl (or saleswoman, clerk, person at the register whatever is PC) has to look it up on maybe Face Book, Twitter or Google Earth which takes 10 minutes and I already ground down my teeth to stubs and am sweating enough seawater to do a water change on my 125 gallon reef. A small change but a change non the less. :confused:

Now I am getting excited because only one more "female" (customer) in front of me. She slowly walks up to the counter while she is sampling the perfumes in the aisle which she could have done in the hour she was waiting on line and talking to her therapist on the phone that was screwed into her ear.
OOOOOhhhhhhNNNooooo. They recognized each other from maybe high school, grammar school or nursery school. :confused: Immediately they start taking out pictures of their kids, dogs, goldfish, prom dresses, shoes etc.

I am searching frantically for the paddles to shock my heart back to a normal heartbeat as they reminisce about the 5 weeks since they saw each other last.

After, I don't know how long and I don't remember how many times I shocked myself, I walked in front of her and said: "Excuse me, here take this dress and enjoy it, I just need to get out of here. Keep the money, maybe buy a new dog". And I walked out and felt refreshed.

I posted many times that there should be a male and female store. In the male or "Man" store there should be a Lady at the front door with a bucket near her feet. She could be good looking but it doesn't matter as I want to be totally PC.

She doesn't have to speak or even smile. The Man walks up to her and asks.."Where are the Cro Bars?". She points to the aisle.

At the front of the aisle there is a big, hand painted arrow with the words on it that read " CRO BARS HERE".

The cro bars are all stacked up in different sizes with the price written plainly on them in even numbers in yellow paint. Prices like 10, 20, or 30. No decimal points or change.

The man takes the cro bar and walks directly towards the Lady at the door and throws that amount into the bucket and leaves. No receipt because a real man won't bring it back. He just needs a cro bar, he needs it now and if it is the wrong one he just won't do that job and will maybe go and work on his car.

The "Person' at the door gets paid because when the man walks out he adds a few dollars into the bucket for her, (or him) whoever it is.

No lines,no waiting and everyone is happy. :D

Of course females can also go into the Male store but they have to abide by the rules. No looking around, no talking and no recognizing anyone.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went into a supermarket for eggs. There was only one person ahead of me and it was a man. The salesclerk and the man were talking about another cashier and how slow she was. In the meantime a woman came up on line in back of me and she said to the guy behind the register: "Hey. lets go, I got things to do". Then she said to me, thats what men do, they just bull s__t.

She was correct so my last post may not be 100% correct. :oops:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wanted to try to walk down to the beach today as it is a beautiful day. It's 176 steps which is easy for many people but not someone with MS who can't move her right leg at all. I am very proud of her even though she didn't make it all the way down.\

Dale on upper stairs.JPG

Dale on stairs.JPG

The water was very clean today so I couldn't resist collecting some water.

Clean beach.JPG

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ole Paul b! Still around huh? Long time no see buddy! That’s awesome you’re still going and the way you’ve always collected mud and rocks to add to your tank! Haha

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wanted to try to walk down to the beach today as it is a beautiful day. It's 176 steps which is easy for many people but not someone with MS who can't move her right leg at all. I am very proud of her even though she didn't make it all the way down.\

Dale on upper stairs.JPG

Dale on stairs.JPG

The water was very clean today so I couldn't resist collecting some water.

Clean beach.JPG
Hi Paul B! So beautiful! Your "better half" .....lol....is looking great! I can't believe how clear that water looks! How are the fall colors where you are?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancun, the leaves are just turning now. But not like Vermont. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
We took 3 other couples to our Daughters Home in Vermont for a few days. These are on her property

Me Dale ATVS.JPG

Silo.JPG

Pond with cows.JPG

3 ATVs.JPG

Winery. He makes wine from apples and pears. (The wine sucked) :confused:

VT winery.JPG

Nice seafood restaurant on the Hudson on the trip home.
View in rstaurant.JPG

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancun, the leaves are just turning now. But not like Vermont. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
We took 3 other couples to our Daughters Home in Vermont for a few days. These are on her property

Me Dale ATVS.JPG

Silo.JPG

Pond with cows.JPG

3 ATVs.JPG

Winery. He makes wine from apples and pears. (The wine sucked) :confused:

VT winery.JPG

Nice seafood restaurant on the Hudson on the trip home.
View in rstaurant.JPG
Beautiful place...and friends and family!

Besides my tank, I love looking at the leaves. Still a lot of green in Southern Illinois, patches here and there though!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Rybren :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I came back from a little trip and saw my really big DIY rock fell onto my big leather coral against the front glass. This thing is like 18" long and I had to remove it because I couldn't fit it back without taking apart a lot of rocks. The thing was full of sponge anyway so I needed to remove it to bleach.

I have it in a big 20 gallon tub of Clorox now. I also had to cut off a few gorgonians on it to save but a small anemone I couldn't convince to come off so I would imagine he isn't to happy in a bucket of bleach.

Here it is before cleaning. I may leave it out because I like the new look.

DIY rock.JPG

Here is the tank now
FTS Oct 18.JPG

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I keep forgetting to ask you but do you have a dog? You seem a dodgy type of person.
Here's a couple of photos of our 2 year old mixed breed read mongrel. His name is Ben and we are best buddies. Took him the beach today where he loves to run around, dig, play with other dogs and just be out and about.
20221018_130930.jpg
20220916_203036.jpg
20220916_203015.jpg

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a couple of weeks my reef will will have reached 40 years old.
Unfortunately I don't remember when I was 40 but I remember when I set it up. I was a skinny 22 year old just back from Viet Nam.
It is still running very well, still using the same reverse UG filter, same dolomite substrait but none of the fish are original. The oldest one, a fireclown is just over 16, all of the older fish died in an accident that was due to my carelessness.
The tank is mostly LPS, gorgonians, giant mushrooms and a few leathers.
There are only three SPS corals, two of which have been with me for a few years and are growing nicely.
I am not sure is any of the original NSW from the Long Island Sound is still in there or any of the original amphipods but maybe much later generations.
I still can't take a decent picture and the tank is not as blue as these pictures but it is what it is.
opentank008.jpg

Valantinesday017.jpg

monti002.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Aquarium014.jpg
Thats awesome! Too bad i cant see the pics

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer_Cano, you can't see the pictures at the beginning of the thread because they are many years old and some of them disappeared from my photo hosting company. I don't know why.

If you go past a few years you will be able to see them I think.

Atoll, I never had a dog. I was to busy collecting frogs, turtles, lizards, snakes, bugs and later, chasing woman. I even caught a few of them. :grinning-squinting-face:

The vast majority of people here have dogs.

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer_Cano, you can't see the pictures at the beginning of the thread because they are many years old and some of them disappeared from my photo hosting company. I don't know why.

If you go past a few years you will be able to see them I think.

Atoll, I never had a dog. I was to busy collecting frogs, turtles, lizards, snakes, bugs and later, chasing woman. I even caught a few of them. :grinning-squinting-face:

The vast majority of people here have dogs.
Yea, i realized that a while after i had made the post lol

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also catching frogs stickleback newts and so on. Now I have a very good friend in my dog so I take him.to the beach the woods and the park. He helps keep me active and fit.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back