Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the first picture of food on this thread that isn't seafood :cool:
Thats because I generally just eat seafood but they don't have any of it there. I think that was the first time I ever ordered a steak in my life. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cows love me but clams, squid, conch, flounder, fluke, cod, crabs, and a plethora of other swimming creatures, not so much. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. It's pouring rain like monsoons here and I know what monsoons are like and I didn't take my beach walk. The rain has nothing to do with that as a real Man walks in any weather but my wife has an early doctors appointment so we are going there and for some reason doctors never have an office right next door.

When we lived near the city all our doctors were out here on Long Island. Then we moved out here and all our doctors are now there. :thinking-face:

The good part is my favorite LFS is across the street from the Dr.

But tomorrow it will be dead low tide at 6:30 am so I hope the amphipods will be there spawning in the millions like they are every year. My friend is coming to help me collect,
(if he gets up)

I will throw all of them in my tank so I hope we get enough.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets remember that today is the 80th anniversary of D Day. 5 years before I was born.
Many thousands of American Hero's died storming the beaches of Normandy. Thats one big reason we are free today.

May they rest in peace.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How times have changed.

I was just reading a Sharper Image Catalog and now they sell so many things that we didn't have when I was a kid. Did you ever look through one of those catalogs?

We used to play this game where you got a ball and you threw it at the other person to see if you could hit him. Now I see they got this thing where each of you get this stick looking thing and you can shoot real lightning bolts at each other.

They also have this little drone helocopter thing that you can fly right into your neighbors window and see what they are having for dinner. I would imagine the thing can also steal a drumstick right off their table. How much fun would that be! I am sure your neighbors would really like that.

Then you can walk around with this virtual reality thing on your head so you never have to visit the real world. You can have a virtual reality girlfriend, go to a virtual movie, drive a virtual car and I would imagine you could eat all your meals virtually. I amnot sure if it comes with a virtual doctor for when you starve to death. There is even a program where you can watch yourself watching a virtually reality show of yourself doing nothing.

There is virtual ping pong where you hit a ball of light. That seems really good for your muscle tone and overall fitness. I mean you probably have to change the batteries every so often and if you lift a lot of those AA batteries it can get exhausting.

Of course they have a few radios that you can listen to in your shower. Like, how long do you stand in the shower, are you really that filthy that you can't miss one version of Lady GaGa's Papparazi.

There is this Hover board thing that costs $300.00 and it goes 3 1/2mph. Isn't that walking speed? Why would anybody spend $300.00 to go as fast as you can walk? Maybe it's me!

I don't know how many nose hair clippers there are but apparently this is very important. Just last night I woke up from a dream where I was on a tropical Island sipping a Pina Colada with all 12 apostles, Leonardo DiVinci and 2 of the Radio City Rockettes and I realized I didn't clip my nose hairs. Today these things are so powerful that you can put it up your nose and it will clip your ear hairs at the same time. You can't make this stuff up.

Oh this is something I can't live without, right here on page 25. For just $100.00 you can order your own personalized bobble head doll, with your head on it. Wow, how great would that be. You stop at a light and your head nods up and down like you are some sort of an alien nerd weirdo. I can't wait to order that. I wonder if I can get one with hair on it.

This can save you some time, There is this Lady's hair drier that is so powerful that if you open your window while you are using it, it will melt up to 6" of snow on your sidewalk. I am not kidding.

Some of the things seem to stretch the truth just a little like this car vacuum that is so powerful you need to wear earplugs, not because of the noise, but because it may pull the wax right out of your ears and God Forbid if you are wearing earings, or worse, a nose ring.

I really can't see much value in this one. You hang this thing over your toilet bowl, and it lights up the water. I won't comment on that as I don't want to go there and if I saw that in someone's house, I would go to the bathroom in their neighbors house. Wierd.

But my absolute favorite if this refrigerator for a lonely bachelor who wants to feel he is married. Every time you pass it, it says,

"HEY LAZY, THROW OUT THE GARBAGE. TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES. DON'T DRINK OUT OF THE MILK CONTAINER. TAKE OUT THE DOG. FILL MY CAR WITH GAS. RUB MY FEET. GET ME A BEER".

These are all things you can buy now. We didn't have toys and stuff like this when I was a Kid. I remember asking my Dad once to get me a toy and he came out with a piece of wood, a couple of nails and a hammer. I played with that until I got married. Now I can get rid of that talking refrigerator.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife had an almost brand new, $600.00 I phone so she decides to buy a "Waterproof" cell phone case made in China.

She went swimming with it.
Short story. We have to buy a new $600.00 cell phone.

Broken phone.jpg

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rice is ok, but instead go to a hobby store and buy a jar/bag of the desiccant beads and put your phone in a bag with a ton of those for a couple of days. Just don't try to turn the phone on until it's completely dried out.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try the old bowl of rice for a couple days trick to dry it out?
That rice rumor has been circulating since they invented rice. It does nothing nor does those desiccating crystals.

So anyway, I opened up the phone and left it in the sun on the hood of my car for a few hours. It is dead.

I brought it to a phone repair place and they said, "The phone is dead". I filled the thing with alcohol and let it dry.....The phone is still dead so we will just go and get another one. :grimacing-face:

Buying it is easy. Waiting for hours in an Apple store is a horror. I would pay someone to go there and wait for the thing as I hate waiting because it is stupid.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to 3 D print something on my 3 D printer. My new computer screwed up my printing program, so I am trying to figure out how to use "On Shape" program but am having trouble. My old brain doesn't learn new things easy. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got her a "new" I phone from a phone repair place. It's an I Phone 11 so a little newer model from what she had but it took about 5 hours to get it working because we couldn't figure out her Apple ID number and her old phone wouldn't turn on.

Now it's working fine and I forbid her from going swimming with any electronics.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I took a picture of this neon gobi. I have 2 of them but almost never see them.

Neon gobi.jpg
Mine is always on my hands and fingers whenever I'm working in the tank. Free rides. I had a Yellow-Lined as well that was super social but he was cleaning the Foxface and I startled him and the Yellow-Lined got stung and unfortunately didn't survive...

Definitely planning either another Yellow-Lined or a Sharknose!

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia showed up in my tank and I decided to try a butterfly fish. He just came today, and he and my Seabae Clowns aren't friends, so it was a bit stressed at first. When I fed my usual mix of frozen food (including clams that I bought fresh and froze) it just sort of maybe nibbled. Later I harvested and fed white worms, which it went nuts for. When I repeated the frozen foods again later it was much more willing to eat. Thanks for your advice to the community, of which I am part.

20240611_134724.jpg

Last edited:

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia showed up in my tank and I decided to try a butterfly fish. He just came today, and he and my Seabae Clowns aren't friends, so it was a bit stressed at first. When I fed my usual mix of frozen food (including clams that I bought fresh and froze) it just sort of maybe nibbled. Later I harvested and fed white worms, which it went nuts for. When I repeated the frozen foods again later it was much more willing to eat. Thanks for your advice to the community, of which I am part.

20240611_134724.jpg
Is that a Klein's Butterfly? My last resort soon. Let us know how it goes. Any Corals in the Tank?

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back