Tank biuld over the years

Reeferdude1888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys a little history on my current system back in roughly 2008 my friends who own an lfs new I was going to set up a reef tank and at that time I had heard about a product called Eco system miracle mud . So I asked my lfs about the product they let me no all about it so I acquired myself a cube shaped tank that was drilled on the bottom there were 2 holes .Inlet and outlet the tank held 60 g can't remember exact dimensions I also acquired a sump from my lfs the sump was set up for miracle mud baffles bio balls and callerpa section with the miracle mud ,i also purchased live rock from my lfs which was already cured but I still let it cycle for an extra month in the tank ,I did not add any additives to this tank I just performed water changes once a fortnight ,the lighting I used was basic Arcadia t5 unit 4 tubes. And basic power heads the tank ran really well for 2years before I went to my next tank ,here is a photo of it below.

My next tank was 2010 all rock and live stock and equipment went into the new 75 g tank I don't have a full tank shot of this tank this was the difference in setup below
75 gallon main tank
3 foot sump
mce 600 skimmer
deltec rowa reactor
deltec auto top of unit
teco chiller
ATI 6X54W t5
2 tunze 6055
1tunze 7095 controller 1Aquamedic twin reefdoser
60kg live rock in main tank
10kg live rock in sump

So as you can see from above the system progressed with different equipment keeping up with the changes over a couple of years here are some pics .

Now to my current tank 100g and sump.
All rock and livestock and equipment from previous setup went into this tank equipment difference is the skimmer is now deltec Apf 600 ever grow led programmable led light and in the sump the first section skimmer compartment then Eco miracle mud with cheato last compartment return pump the dt is drilled 1 outlet 1return and 1 emergency overflow and reactor houses siporax in it .This tank was great for about 6years then I kind of let it go and ended up with dinos so battled them beat them now recently over the past 4 to 5 months I've started to maintain it the way it should have been maintained to be honest after dinos I was just kinda fed up with the reef but now it's staring to get its mojo back lol so hear are all of the photos From first tank to current tank over the past twelve years.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back