Tank Brand FOWLR Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillB83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BillB83

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
298
Reaction score
111
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made "mistakes" and let my son pick out his own (fish) alittle over a year ago. He has a large puffer now, an Eel, trigger fish etc. I need to put them in a new tank but i dont wanna blow the bank on a tank for just fish. I have narrowed down the options to two tanks and would take any advice. Marineland 180 RR for like 1300 bucks and a Seapora 180 which is like 1700 bucks. Im trying to figure out if the Seapora is worth the extra 400 bucks. I heard everyone say stay clear of the aqueon tanks so i am.


Thanks everyone
 
I made "mistakes" and let my son pick out his own (fish) alittle over a year ago. He has a large puffer now, an Eel, trigger fish etc. I need to put them in a new tank but i dont wanna blow the bank on a tank for just fish. I have narrowed down the options to two tanks and would take any advice. Marineland 180 RR for like 1300 bucks and a Seapora 180 which is like 1700 bucks. Im trying to figure out if the Seapora is worth the extra 400 bucks. I heard everyone say stay clear of the aqueon tanks so i am.


Thanks everyone
Have you thought about a used tank? I’ve had a used 135 gallon predator tank running for seven years now. There are a lot of tanks up for sale right now.
 
Have you thought about a used tank? I’ve had a used 135 gallon predator tank running for seven years now. There are a lot of tanks up for sale right now.
I would consider a used tank but i dont often see like larger better "quality" tanks up for sale and i would rather not buy a used marineland i dont mind spending the 1300 bucks for that extra security feeling
 
I heard everyone say stay clear of the aqueon tanks so i am.

You certainly didn't hear that from me; I've been in the hobby 20 years and Aqueon tanks are all I've ever used.

I like Aqueon because:

1. Easy to customize.
2. Use rims, which add to the sturdiness of the tank.
3. I've never had one leak... ever.
4. They offer a wide range of sizes.
5. They offer good value.
6. Good clarity.
7. With proper care, they are extremely durable.

I would suggest that you reconsider.
 
You certainly didn't hear that from me; I've been in the hobby 20 years and Aqueon tanks are all I've ever used.

I like Aqueon because:

1. Easy to customize.
2. Use rims, which add to the sturdiness of the tank.
3. I've never had one leak... ever.
4. They offer a wide range of sizes.
5. They offer good value.
6. Good clarity.
7. With proper care, they are extremely durable.

I would suggest that you reconsider.
That's good to hear because the 210 they make would be better for my application same footprint just a wee bit taller
 
That's good to hear because the 210 they make would be better for my application same footprint just a wee bit taller

The depth of the tank effects the amount of PAR you get at the bottom.

How much of a difference in height? What lighting do you run on your current tank?
 
The depth of the tank effects the amount of PAR you get at the bottom.

How much of a difference in height? What lighting do you run on your current tank?

Its just a fish only tank for my kids not worried about par wont be growing any corals
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new