• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tank Breakdown. Livermore, California

LVReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe selling a setup in Livermore
Hi all, I've had a 40B tank for almost 3 years now. I'm moving to a new house in June and have a 225G arriving soon. Rather than moving the tank to a temporary location in the new house why the new tank is delivered and cycles, I am gauging interest to see if people are interested to buy the setup. It's not exactly a "What you see is what you get" deal since I'm keeping some of the equipment; see below.
Pretty sad to perhaps have to let go of my beloved pets who have been with me since the beginning but that's probably for the best.
Please hit me up via DM or in the comments for questions.
Tank:
* 40B with 2 lockline returns and an Eshopps Eclipse Large overflow (Bean animal + emergency).
* Caribsea sand
* 2xMP10qwd
* Magnetic frag rack
* Flipper algae scrubber
* Tunze nano algae scrubber (On the side)
* Net cover from BRS (See on the left side)
* Steel stand wrapped in plywood, coated in way too many layers of protective paint.
* Lights Orphek Atlantik Gen4 Full size with wireless controller
Sump
* 29G with acrylic baffles. The silicone is so strong (despite what I heard) that when I removed the filter socks to install the rollermat, the acrylic broke before the joints. I had to use a razor blade...
* Theilling Rollermat compact
* eSsence S-130 Internal Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus
* 2xJager 150W glass heaters
* 4" marinepure block. Apparently converts Nitrate to Nitrogen...
* Marine pure ceramic balls. Useful to quickly cycle a quarantine tank
* VarioS-4
* BRS mini carbon reactor with upgrade kit (silicone tubing, sicce pump)
* The legendary Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
* Ikea auto-on LED light
Storage
* You can have the cabinet
* Inkbird Wi-Fi Aquarium Temperature Controller ITC-306A for Fish Tank Water Terrarium with Dual Probe
* Wireless controller for the Orphek light
* Emergency air pump with tubing. If the power goes out, the battery detects it and activates the airstone in the tank to keep fish alive.
* 2xBRS 1.1ml/minute dosing pumps (Current Alk+Calcium).
* Dosing jugs modified as per BRS' standards: Quck connects, acrylic tubing inside, and drilled cap.
* AutoAqua SMART SKIMMER SECURITY - Turns off power to the skimmer if the skimmer collection cup is full. Also sounds an alarm for you to clean it up
* Ikea auto-on LED light
Livestock
Fish
* 2x clownfish (Not designer). They are bonded and as large as clownfish get I guess. They are 2.5 years old
* 1x Hawaii Yellow Tang. It's 2 years old and about 5" I'd say.
* 1x Royal Gamma. 2.5 years old
* 1x Sand Sifting Goby. 2 years old
* 6x Blue Green Chromis. 1.5 years old
Coral. Corals are OK but not thriving. Except for the Pulsing Xenia and GSP, of course...
1f642.png

* Pulsing Xenia
* GSP
* Bali slimer Acro
* T12 Ultra Ricordea
* Orenji Lord
* Pinky Brain Acan Lord
* Superman Monti
* A mix of 20 more Favia, SPS, LPS.
Extra
Frozen and dry fish food
Medicine, just in case
What doesn't come with the tank that you've seen
* Eheim feeder
* Apex stuff (Controller, sensors, Trident)
* Testing kits and tools
IMG_3745.jpg
IMG_3746.jpg
IMG_3748.jpg
IMG_3747.jpg

Loganmao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the roller mat, as well as some of the corals. Could you send me some pics of the corals. P.s I’m local (Pleasanton)

OP
OP
LVReef

LVReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most things have been sold. I had more replies on the BAR forums and forgot to check here. This is what I have left:
* Theilling Rollermat compact (MSRP $259.99) with 6 rolls (MSRP $49.99 for 3). Selling all for $180 (50%)
* eSsence S-130 Internal Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus (MSRP $325.49). Selling for $160 (50%)
* AutoAqua SMART SKIMMER SECURITY - Turns off power to the skimmer if the skimmer collection cup is full. Also sounds an alarm for you to clean it up (MSRP $59.99) Selling for $25 (50%)
* Trident reagent (2 Months). Add to your Trident by 6/26/2021 (MSRP $44.95) Selling for $20

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most things have been sold. I had more replies on the BAR forums and forgot to check here. This is what I have left:
* Theilling Rollermat compact (MSRP $259.99) with 6 rolls (MSRP $49.99 for 3). Selling all for $180 (50%)
* eSsence S-130 Internal Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus (MSRP $325.49). Selling for $160 (50%)
* AutoAqua SMART SKIMMER SECURITY - Turns off power to the skimmer if the skimmer collection cup is full. Also sounds an alarm for you to clean it up (MSRP $59.99) Selling for $25 (50%)
* Trident reagent (2 Months). Add to your Trident by 6/26/2021 (MSRP $44.95) Selling for $20
How did you rate the eSsence 130? Would you recommend it for a 75G + 30G sump?

OP
OP
LVReef

LVReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea absolutely. It is a workhorse and never caused me problems. It might be too oversized if you’re also using a rollermat though. It still works but there wasn’t much to skim.

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea absolutely. It is a workhorse and never caused me problems. It might be too oversized if you’re also using a rollermat though. It still works but there wasn’t much to skim.
No rollermat, this along with socks would be only form of mechanical filtration

OP
OP
LVReef

LVReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I had. It works very well. I was feeding 2 cubes a day + dry in the morning (oops) and the skimmer wasn’t even bothered by it.

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in middle of my build, tank should ship to me any day so I don't exactly need the skimmer now (probably wont need it till another month or so), so I've been shopping around, and have narrowed choices down to this skimmer, Aquamaxx ConeS Q-2 and Red Sea 300. still trying to decide which one to purchase.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the auto aqua skimmer security still available?

OP
OP
LVReef

LVReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in good condition and I think I did a good job cleaning it. Let me see if I have what I need to pack it up and ship it.

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3833.jpeg
    IMG_3833.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3834.jpeg
    IMG_3834.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
    IMG_3831.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in good condition and I think I did a good job cleaning it. Let me see if I have what I need to pack it up and ship it.
sounds good, interested in just the skimmer security sensor thingy from auto aqua. Need to stop overflows on my skimmer rn and I cant find it in stock anywhere

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back