Tank build slowly taking shape

Abraham Gonzalez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thus far I have created a dividing wall between my dining room and living room area using a 120G glass tank non-reef ready. This was actually an old FW aquarium we had in storage that we decided to replace a 75G acrylic tank with. The dimensions are 60Lx22Hx18W with about a 30G sump beneath. It is near a window and unfortunately, it does get some outside light a good portion of the day. I have a recirculating skimmer, biopellet reactor, GFO\GAC reactor, and refugium for filtration. I am also researching different biological bacteria options but haven't fully made a transition over to this as of yet. The tank itself has been cycling for over a year and I have slowly added fish and just recently coral to the mix. I will try to post pictures later on (over the next few days) of my build as well as try to keep updates of coral growth every few months or so.

OP
OP
Abraham Gonzalez

Abraham Gonzalez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the tank thus far. I am horrible with a camera so I apologize for the quality.

DSC_0904.JPG

OP
OP
Abraham Gonzalez

Abraham Gonzalez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my latest tragedy. Dropped a rock on the very edge during maintenance and the next day all the flesh was gone.

DSC_1053.JPG

OP
OP
Abraham Gonzalez

Abraham Gonzalez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other inhabitants are either camera shy, move too much, or I could never get a good enough picture through my own inadequate skills to get a photo of them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back