Tank clean

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all so I have a 30 gallon DT it has been running for 7 months. I started off with weekly water changes because I have a HOB filter. I currently have 6 fish in total. I am now trying to switch to a 3-4 week water change where I will change 20% of the water. I am concerned about my decision and wonder what the consequences will be? I have tested water and nitrate is still below .1 ppm. Thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey y’all so I have a 30 gallon DT it has been running for 7 months. I started off with weekly water changes because I have a HOB filter. I currently have 6 fish in total. I am now trying to switch to a 3-4 week water change where I will change 20% of the water. I am concerned about my decision and wonder what the consequences will be? I have tested water and nitrate is still below .1 ppm. Thoughts?
Do it in steps to assure filter is keeping up with tank. Go to every two weeks for two weeks and see how things look. If all good, go to every three weeks and see how things look then you'll know what water change interval is best

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do it in steps to assure filter is keeping up with tank. Go to every two weeks for two weeks and see how things look. If all good, go to every three weeks and see how things look then you'll know what water change interval is best
If my water is still looking clean and clear then I technically don’t need to worry if everything is running smooth?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If my water is still looking clean and clear then I technically don’t need to worry if everything is running smooth?
To a degree, an assumption. Water testing confirms this sounds like all is good though

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 12

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back