Tank cloudy tank water, worsening

mk3guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon anemone tank, had been up for years. Water started clouding maybe a week ago. Today, all the anemones are balled up it seems, but it’s hard to see.
IMG_0377.jpeg
Calcium and alk are low, ph was off, tested yesterday.

IMG_0379.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mk3guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t remember if I did a water change or not. Temperature is steady at 79.5. I went back to phytofeast from phyto buffet, but the other two tanks also get it. I changed the refugium interval from 8hrs to 10hrs, bet I have done that before. Nothing that was out of the ordinary. I’m planning a water change, but I have seem some threads say not to if it’s a bacterial outbreak?

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bacterial bloom if it’s milky white cloudy and might be dosing too much phyto if it has a green tint to it. I put a flashlight to it when lights out and if it’s green then phyto and if it’s not greenish it’s a bacterial bloom. Just my opinion though cuz I’m no expert but I’ve recently dealt with something similar

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a bacteria bloom. DONT do a waterchange, it will only make things worse. If you'd like to speed up the process of clearing the water, add a UV sterilizer. Make sure to increase oxygen levels in the water as the bacteria can remove all oxygen from the water. Other than that there is not much you can do than just let it run its course.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back