Tank Cycled - How to Maintain without Livestock

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new tank cycled in just 4 weeks time, which caught me a bit off guard. I'll be travelling soon and don't want to make any purchases of any form of livestock until I get back in a month. I have someone caring for my other tanks, etc.

I have a bottle of Ammonia Chloride solution that I have measured out how many drops to add to bring Ammonia up to 2ppm. If I ask the 'caregiver' to take care of this empty tank by dosing, I'm wondering how many days should I ask them to dose in between? I was thinking every Monday....

Or do I need to even worry about maintaining some form of Ammonia levels?

Thoughts?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new