Tank EMERGENCY

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes, connect new pump and as long as its got good gph glow, it will return water to tank and sump to proper level

OP
OP
Droberts0724

Droberts0724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually pulled everything apart and scrubbed my return pump and it's fixed...thank God! Had to polish my water to clean it out.

DanH86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep a close eye on it for a few weeks - my Jebao return pump stopped and was revived by stripping and cleaning then 2 weeks later it died completely...at 5pm on a weekday, with the closest store that stocked my pump an hour away. Thankfully they stayed open late just for me!

OP
OP
Droberts0724

Droberts0724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep a close eye on it for a few weeks - my Jebao return pump stopped and was revived by stripping and cleaning then 2 weeks later it died completely...at 5pm on a weekday, with the closest store that stocked my pump an hour away. Thankfully they stayed open late just for me!
My husband actually went and got a pump...cost us 200$ but never returned it because this was my thought exactly! Thank you for the suggestion. I was so scared. I'm already struggling with my alkalinity and was like no not this too :( but today so far so good. I did put a little pump in the third chamber to agitate the water because I suspect that my supplements may be clumping in my return and clogging my pump. The agitation of the water definitely helps mix the supplements up. Hoping this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back