Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skmcobra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after loosing everything to a parasite I have been empty for 43 days as of today. I have two clown fish in my QT that will have been in there for two weeks this Saturday. I have been working hard to remove the copper with both Chemipure and Cuprisorb for over three weeks and am down to nearly .1 in the reading. The clown fish are new and have never been in my DT. From everything I have read my DT should be safe to add fish again and I was planning to do so this Saturday which will be 45 days fallow. What is the consensus from everyone? Just FYI i had Velvet that I eradicated with Copper Power from an infected Niger Trigger then an infected Emperor Angel had an internal parasite that killed everything in two weeks. At first I tried Prazipro and then General Cure but it was too late by then I guess. Lost those two plus a small Clown Trigger. Very costly losses so I'm going a lower cost rate of fish this time. LOL

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I had velvet I waited 76 days plus a couple and then added Fish. Right now you are at 43 days?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for velvet the fallow period is 6 weeks 42-43 days some people just go fallow for 76 days to be sure ich is gone also when velvet hit my tank i went fallow for 6 weeks and started adding fish back in middle december fish are fine so far but its all up to you as far as how much risk you are willing to take

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back